Port Liberty

On the "All things Explorer of the Seas" thread I believe I saw a picture of what is the terminal at Bayonne.

It did not look extremely nice to me and you have to ride a bus to board the ship.

I think that the people over there admitted that the terminal is not the nicest. But they said they will deal with it as long as they get to keep Explorer in Bayonne. :D

On the "All things Explorer of the Seas" thread I believe I saw a picture of what is the terminal at Bayonne.

It did not look extremely nice to me and you have to ride a bus to board the ship.

I think that the people over there admitted that the terminal is not the nicest. But they said they will deal with it as long as they get to keep Explorer in Bayonne. :D

We could care less how pretty a port terminal is. As long as it is run efficiently and without the long lines which we've had to deal with at other ports we're more than happy. Cape Liberty is one of the best, smoothest run ports we've sailed out of. Sailing in and out of there is fast, simple and easy. Plans are for a major expansion of this port in the coming years which will enable it to support more ships and most probably some other cruise lines besides RCCL as well.

What is it like? ...Last year, we went on the Crown Princess out of Red Hook, Brooklyn. I was extremely impressed with the terminal there. Can I expect Port Liberty to be just as nice?

IF IF IF you found the terminal at Red Hook attractive, you will have no problem with Cape Liberty. :rolleyes:

We took Celebrity Constellation out of Cape Liberty last fall. The terminal is in kind of an out of the way location. You do get a nice view of the NY skyline and the Statue of Liberty. The terminal operation was very efficient for our departure. We arrived at the terminal at 10:45 and were on the ship shortly after 11:00.

We took Celebrity Constellation out of Cape Liberty last fall. The terminal is in kind of an out of the way location. You do get a nice view of the NY skyline and the Statue of Liberty. The terminal operation was very efficient for our departure. We arrived at the terminal at 10:45 and were on the ship shortly after 11:00.

It's not in an out of the way location if you're flying into Newark Liberty International Airport. Only a 15 minute cab ride.

We did 2 cruises out of cape liberty and have another one booked...both times the embarkment went very smoothly...the 1st time we were dropped off and it was very easy...2nd time we drove and parked and still went smoothly...the only hassle when you drive and park is you have to drop off your luggage and then go back around and park...it did take DH about 15 minutes to go around, park and walk back to entrance...but then we went right through and was on the ship in another 15 minutes...can't wait for the renovations...only an hour and a half...all highway, easy to get to...love it!

Actually the terminal looks like an old warehouse and was not made for cruise ship passengers. It’s confusing the first time you go. Make sure you follow the directions as you can see the ship but may not be able to get to it. You will end up in a huge storage yard where new cars and cargo are stored. That’s what we did but found our way back.

Drop your luggage off at the big white tent if you can. Be careful, as it could be kayos as you pull in drop off the luggage then back up to get to the parking, which there is plenty of.

Walk back to where you dropped off your luggage then you will be processed. This is no your ultra modern port but serves its purpose.:D:D:D

We could care less how pretty a port terminal is. As long as it is run efficiently and without the long lines which we've had to deal with at other ports we're more than happy. Cape Liberty is one of the best, smoothest run ports we've sailed out of. Sailing in and out of there is fast, simple and easy. Plans are for a major expansion of this port in the coming years which will enable it to support more ships and most probably some other cruise lines besides RCCL as well.

This is very true! It is very efficient and they are working to make it very nice in the future but for now it works very well and I am just happy we do not have to drive into the city! :)

Archived