Freedom Class Question..

Anyone who has tried the whirlpools that extend over the side on deck eleven, how were they? Sounds like an experience that shouldn't be missed.

Great view, nothing better than sitting in a hot tub, watching the ocean slide by

They were nice. One thing I wish they would have is a see-through bottom of some sort. That really would have made it interesting.

What a brave soul you are ! :eek: I don't think my fear of heights would let me get in it with a solid bottom. ;)

They were great, we were on Voyage #12, very crowded though! My DH found that they were not crowded during show times etc.... It was cool!

Happy sailings!

coming up: Monarch of the Seas - 1/08 :p

One nice thing is that there is a deep ledge all the way around the sides of these hot tubs. So you can sit on the ledge at any point around the tub and just put your legs in. Or put a drink on the ledge...

BTW, on our cruise on Freedom the water was HOT in those tubs, at least 104 degrees.

They were nice. One thing I wish they would have is a see-through bottom of some sort. That really would have made it interesting.

Love the idea of a see through bottom...really like the place in the Radiance class where you can stand on the glass and it's as if you're floating over the atrium...really fantastic.

One nice thing is that there is a deep ledge all the way around the sides of these hot tubs. So you can sit on the ledge at any point around the tub and just put your legs in. Or put a drink on the ledge...

BTW, on our cruise on Freedom the water was HOT in those tubs, at least 104 degrees.

I agree! I was on the Freedom June 17 cruise and the water was so hot, it was almost unbearable. I had to get out after a short time. It was just too much to take.

But it is beautiful to look at the water and especially to look down the side of the ship. You could really get a grasp of how big she really is.

if they are not closed as we had at 9PM. Little lights all over since there is no sea to watch when it is dark. The one nearest the front of the ship was netted with a CLOSED sign on it. We didn't feel like walking down to the other one. Felt 11PM was a better time to clean it.

It was way too hot in the tub. As a matter of fact the entire area around the tub was way too hot and uncomfortable. It was really just another hot tub to me.

We were on the Freedom in December and the hot tubs that extend over the side are awesome. I was surprised to see how large they were. There was never a problem finding space in them. We were a party of six and the six of us plus others were in there, in fact there were times when we were the only ones in there. We were at sea, sitting in the hot tub with the sun on us and we commented "what could get better than this?", it was perfect. Give it a shot, you will not be disappointed. The view is amazing.

I seem to remember mention of that when RCI first announced the plans. I wonder why they didn't go through with it.

I was surprised to see how large they were. There was never a problem finding space in them.

The Captian told us in the C&A meeting that the hot tubs are 3/4 the size of the original Viking Crown Lounges on RCI's earliest ships.

The Captian told us in the C&A meeting that the hot tubs are 3/4 the size of the original Viking Crown Lounges on RCI's earliest ships.

Its really cool to see how the ships progress as time goes on and the technology. I can't imagine a ship that small. I am hooked on the voyager/freedom classes.

Archived