If I book a cruise on X website and then transfer..

rogerdm

Then don't transfer it over until the last minute. If you transfer it back to X you would lose any price advantage yoiu got with ta because they are not paid till the 100% penalty phase.

I want to transfer it back to me.

Why book it on the X website and then transfer it to a TA ? TA's get better, or use to get better prices then you could find on the X website. Also it doesn't seem right to transfer it to a TA, have them work on it, and then transfer it out of their hands, after they've done all the work :confused:

They have to make a living just like everyone else, it just doesn't seem right :eek:

Why not just email or call your TA and tell her/him how much and what dates to pay for you ahead of time, a schedule of sorts ? Most TA's look out for your best interest anyway, and if something happens you have a TA to go to bat for you ;)

do any better than the X Cruiseline's Website. I want to change my booking to a Hawaii 14 day from a Mexican Riviera. I will just wait for the TA to book the Hawaii criuise. Maybe my TA will get a better price. This is in November 2005, by the way. Maybe that makes a difference? I have already booked and paid for a cruise this November. We are talking RS suites on both cruises. I'll just be patient and follow the advice of the good people on these boards.

So what's the real reason? This is too much trouble to go through just because you don't want to be bothered 'emailing my ta' to make payments. It's not really cricket to snatch it away after the agent has worked on it (as others have pointed out) unless there are other reasons and I sense there may be?

So what's the real reason? This is too much trouble to go through just because you don't want to be bothered 'emailing my ta' to make payments. It's not really cricket to snatch it away after the agent has worked on it (as others have pointed out) unless there are other reasons and I sense there may be?

transfer the booking over to him/her. The TA is frequently out of town, planning on a move and will be unavailable for a week or two. There is 5 hours difference between me and the TA, so replies are very slow at times. When I have asked for payments to be made, it usually takes "awhile" for them to happen. I think the TA is too busy.

Roger,

We are booked on the November 20, 2005 Hawaii cruise. My TA could only match Celebrity & after getting absolutely NO service on the last five cruises I booked, I decided to book on-line. On this particular cruise, Travel*city & Cruc*on are both $400 less than Celebrity for a balcony. Cruiseq**ck is $700 less than Celebrity's website. Try using http://www.*****.com for other companies. Be sure to check out cancellation/change fee policies of agencies. Can you cancel the Mexican Riviera (get a refund of your deposit) and then book the Hawaii with someone else?

I was emailed by my TA that the internet connection on his/her computer was in need of repair. I would not be able to have contact until later this week.(this was last week when I received the email) I had previously emailed him/her with a question. The reply did not address my question, only stating that the connection would not be fixed until later. I did reply saying that I wanted the trip turned back over to my control with Celebrity. I hope this can be done...

I am on the 11/20/05 Infinity cruise to Hawaii. I do trust my TA and am going to rely on her expertise. She is really a good person and has been helpful. I am very excited to visit Hawaii again. I have been there twice for land travel. Now I just want to be on my "floating resort" to enjoy!

Archived