Problems accessing E-docs

whatnow53548

I have been trying to access my e-docs on carnivals website for the last two days but have not been able to. After reading some of the postings on here I wanted to check what color my luggage tags were but so far no luck with opening the documents. Is anyone else having the same problem? Thanks for your help.

I was unable to access my e-docs because we didn't have adobe 8.0 or higher on our computer and are unable to delete the old and download the new. There have been several posts about this problem. Some people have said to try IE to access them also. Good Luck!

Thanks JanLynne, I was using Firefox for my web browser and apparently that was the problem. I used IE and the documents opened without a problem.

Leo Jay....you are right about the not needing the 8.0 I have 7.0 and as long as I used IE it worked fine.

Thanks everyone for your help

No matter what I do I cannot access my e-docs through IE or aol. It keeps telling me that windows does not recognize the file extension. I sorta have given up.

You need to download Adobe Reader and then open with IE, Minimize AOL and then open IE. This File Extension is PDF, Which is a Adobe Reader file.

Good Luck

Fred

Yes I know we have acrobat 7.0 but for some reason I can't get the 7,0 deleted to install the 8.0. I have tried and tried and so has my husband it is making me crazy so I give up. I have done IE even without being on AOL and no luck. I don't know if at this point if there is a bug in our system or what. We have done the virus scan and no virus so we don't know what the problem is. But thanks for the help.

You can install 8.0 without deleting 7.0. Occasionally, a web site might get a bit testy about having two versions of Adobe on a machine but that's fairly rare.

Can you open any PDF files with 7.0? If you can open other PDF files with Reader it's probably not your version of Reader that's faulty.

Are you on dial up or broadband? Dial up may be a bit too slow to successfully download 8.0, 22.3 megs of info, or even to download the docs. That's a fairly large file. Mine reads as 1.33 megs.

I have given up on my e-docs as well. I have tried every suggestion given to no avail. I blamed it on my computer, now I have to wonder. Will they still mail me paper docs without a hassle? I am not cruising until Sept. 8. Thanks!

You can install 8.0 without deleting 7.0. Occasionally, a web site might get a bit testy about having two versions of Adobe on a machine but that's fairly rare.

Can you open any PDF files with 7.0? If you can open other PDF files with Reader it's probably not your version of Reader that's faulty.

Are you on dial up or broadband? Dial up may be a bit too slow to successfully download 8.0, 22.3 megs of info, or even to download the docs. That's a fairly large file. Mine reads as 1.33 megs.

Our system won't let us install the 8.0 without deleting the 7.0. We have broadband. Yes I have opened otehr pdf files we have no clue what our problem is. I have gotten the paper docs but I just wanted to see what the e-docs were like.

I have given up on my e-docs as well. I have tried every suggestion given to no avail. I blamed it on my computer, now I have to wonder. Will they still mail me paper docs without a hassle? I am not cruising until Sept. 8. Thanks!

As long as you requested paper docs you wont' have a problem, you should receive them in the mail.

As long as you request paper docs you will get them. I just wanted to see what the e-docs looked like.

I have that problem to, I have FireFox and have not been able to open my e-docs. What I did was called Carnival and they email me my e-docs in PDF form. I was able to open them up that way through my email.

I have been trying to access my e-docs on carnivals website for the last two days but have not been able to. After reading some of the postings on here I wanted to check what color my luggage tags were but so far no luck with opening the documents. Is anyone else having the same problem? Thanks for your help.

I could not access my e-docs. When I pressed 'VIEW', I did not get anything. I called the e-doc tech dept. They emailed my documents to me. I then discovered it was because I was using Firefox. When I used Explorer I could access my documents.

Hope this helps!

I was not able to get mine from my laptop.........my TA was on the phone telling me she was able to........and Carnival also..........I got on my husband's computer, no problem..........seems like Carnival has problems with Mozilla.....

Neither Mozilla or Firefox will work on any of my three systems. However IE (which I won't use unless I'm forced to) will work fine. Carnival needs to update their website to allow us MSphobes full access to their sites features.:eek:

As long as you requested paper docs you wont' have a problem, you should receive them in the mail.

I'm cruising on the Conquest in September and printed my eDocs at the beginning of June. I was interested to see what they looked like, too. They look just like the normal stuff that Carnival sends you about a month prior to the cruise. The only advantage that I can see is the ability to print multiple baggage tags.

Neither Mozilla or Firefox will work on any of my three systems. However IE (which I won't use unless I'm forced to) will work fine. Carnival needs to update their website to allow us MSphobes full access to their sites features.:eek:

I'm an IT dude with eight machines at home and a few hundred at work. I love FireFox but the bottom line is that there are tons of sites that don't work and play well with that browser. I use both IE (not 7.0... I'm not that stupid...) and FireFox and have multiples of both operating constantly.

Some sites I access only with IE, some only with FireFox. For me it's a performance issue. On many sites FireFox can't keep up with IE, plain and simple.

For ages Adobe didn't play well with FireFox at all. In fact, I stopped using FireFox for a while because it would lock up my quad Xeon server when it tried to open an Adobe file inside the browser!

It's kinda like hunting... different weapons for different quary...

I agree... I use different browsers for different sites. But Carnival, I would think, would want to make their site as easy to navigate as possible for All its customers. Especially if they are trying to transition to E-docs. Their are a lot of people who are not IT's or have been in the computer business since '62 (I programed my first flight simulator the old way, by hardwiring it) that are apparently have trouble printing their docs and Carnival should fix it.

Also, keep in mind that if you'd already requested paper docs, you normally won't be able to access your edocs until your paper docs are ready to be mailed to you -- probably somewhere within a couple weeks of your sail date.

Guest Parrothedmark
As long as you request paper docs you will get them. I just wanted to see what the e-docs looked like.

I was on the phone with Carnival rep today and was told that once you check out e-docs you cannot change back to paper docs

Mark

Archived