Animal Sanctuary

EricaLovesCats

We were at the animal sanctuary last week. It is small with a parrots and a variety of other tropical birds, several varieties of monkeys, peacocks, chickens, etc. You can take pictures with the parrot on your arm and hold one of the monkeys.

We enjoyed our visit and the kids really enjoyed holding the monkey. However, one member of our tour had her hair grabbed by the monkeys (the one that the handler said was mean and it was difficult to get it to let go. You also have to be careful of glasses because some of the monkeys will grab them (but they can be bribed to drop them so you can get them back.)

• 2 months later...

We're also interested in feedback re: Animal Rehabilitation and Rescue Centre near the Palo Verde National Park. I've had only limited success in my search thus far.

A few folks on another travel website commented favourably, but didn't provide much detail. They did say however, that you could feed certain animals for an additional $15. Also, all proceeds go to supporting the centre.

Have any of you taken the Princess Tour which includes the nature cruise? Did you have the opportunity to get close to any animals other than birds and monkeys? (I would love to interact with an ocelot or coatimundi!)

Did the rest of the tour measure up? Do you think that you got good value?

Thanks,

Air Canada Stew

Archived