X Benefits of booking while cruising?

luvocean9

I will be taking my first X cruise in December on the Connie. I am interested in booking the 14 day Summit Circle Hawaii cruise for 2009.

If I book the Summit while on bord the Connie, what are the benfits? I assume there is some on board credit? Is there also a reduced deposit?

Thanks!

I will be taking my first X cruise in December on the Connie. I am interested in booking the 14 day Summit Circle Hawaii cruise for 2009.

If I book the Summit while on bord the Connie, what are the benfits? I assume there is some on board credit? Is there also a reduced deposit?

Thanks!

I have booked X several times while on board. The standard deposit applies. X has changed their on-board booking credit significantly in 2007. It used to be based strictly on cruise length [i THINK $50/cabin for short cruises, $100 for 1 week, $200 for over 9(?) days, $250 for two weeks or longer - might be off slightly on those]. Now it is based strictly on cabin cost, starting at $50 for cabins under $2000 [think that's right], up to $300 for over some absurd cost:rolleyes: [i am one of those who would rather cruise inside five times a year, rather than once in a large suite (each to their own, no criticism of those in large suites), and I was making out like a bandit under the old system. Although it is killing me, if forced I'd have to say the new system probably makes more sense from a business standpoint.:(]

As a Canadian, I no longer have any benefit to booking on board. I have in the past booked all my cruises while on board. Now X doesn't want to keep my deposit money for a year or more.

Canadians are locked out from the OBC program. It makes no sense to me.

I wonder if I transfer my booking to a US Travel Agent would I get an OBC?

Since X requires a fairly large deposit, I'm not sure the OBC is worth letting them keep my money for a year and a half or so.

re: Non-U.S. cruisers. I have no idea why Canadians, British, etc are excluded from OBC. If you are a stockholder, I wonder if you can get the OBC stockholder benefit..........

That was one of the good things about the 2-Day sale last week. Low price for inside cabin, just $784 each, plus tax. Half price deposit, just $225 each. Onboard credit of $125. Cruising across the Atlantic with friends, Priceless.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

Since X requires a fairly large deposit, I'm not sure the OBC is worth letting them keep my money for a year and a half or so....

The newer on-board credit system has a smaller deposit - I think it is something like $200, but don't hold me to that number - if you are buying the certificate without a specific booking to be applied to a booking at a later date. If you book a specific cruise I think the deposit is the same. The best benefit of booking a year and half out is to get the nice cabin locations. That is what we do!

The newer on-board credit system has a smaller deposit - I think it is something like $200, but don't hold me to that number - if you are buying the certificate without a specific booking to be applied to a booking at a later date. If you book a specific cruise I think the deposit is the same. The best benefit of booking a year and half out is to get the nice cabin locations. That is what we do!

Hi Larry !

The new certificate program has been nothing but total confusion. I had the displeasure of trying to use one for a Family member not too long ago, and it took a lot of phone calls to get everything right.

To make matters worse, the certificate does nothing to reduce the deposit once you are ready to make a specific booking. Yes, you do get to hold an open end booking for 200.00, but once you book an actual cruise/sail date, you still have to put up the additional money for whatever deposit is needed.

Basically, once you are ready to set a date, you still have to put up the difference of the 200.00 and the old deposit, to get a significantly reduced onboard credit. Unless you are booking a VERY expensive Cruise, this new program is a total waste.

We always booked New Cruises on every sailing under the old Program. This new program has lost our business. We see no reason to tie up our money for long periods of time, with a complicated program with minimal benefits.

From what I have heard from past passengers... since the new program has been implemented, it looks like the Future Cruise consultants have been less busy onboard. I hope that Celebrity will see that the new program is a disappointment, and Celebrity returns to the old program (or at least have both choices available) as soon as possible.

Since X requires a fairly large deposit, I'm not sure the OBC is worth letting them keep my money for a year and a half or so.

Letting X have your money for a long period for "free" is a bit of a bummer. But someone has already mentioned that you get a greater selection of cabins to choose from. You also lock in the price as far as you are concerned, but can request and get a lower price if it goes down [you have to ask, this is not automatic]. I have definitely had cruises where the price kept going down, so no benefit to have locked in a price, but I am currently holding two cruises where the prices are much higher than I locked in at.

We booked our Mercury Jan. '08 cruise while on Mercury last Jan. and got $200 OBC for a 14 day cruise. This was just before the policy changed. The Future Cruise rep automatically transfers your booking to your TA. Subsequently, our TA arranged the custom air package and hotel stays for us. We never book a balcony or suite, so we won't get much for booking on board again. :( The whole idea is really dumb and seems to be cutting down on the Future Cruise reps' business.

1/02 Explorer E. Carib.

1/03 Explorer W. Carib.

8/03 Summit Alaska cruise/tour

2/04 Adventure S. Carib.

2/05 Galaxy Panama Canal

6/06 Jewel Brit. Isles/Nor. Fjords + 3 days in London

1/07 Mercury Mexican Riviera

1/08 Mercury Aust/NZ

Archived