Iguazu Falls from Buenos Aires?

nancycoop1

Hi: we just booked rt air on between BA and Iguazu for Feb. 08 on AR for $237pp and are arranging a private tour upon arrival at the airport for $110pp. A few of our friends have done this trip independently also.

Can you share the name of the guide and the airline? How long a trip from BA to Iguazu? Any other tips? We are looking into the 12/11/07 cruise with Azamara. Thanks, Babs.

Hi, my husband and I are booked for the February 19 Star Princess, but we are also signed up for the Princess pre-cruise tour, and I've been trying to find out what the luggage regulations are for the flights from Rio to Iguazu and then back to BA. I'm about to give up and see if the TA can find out. Iguazu Falls is something we have always wanted to see, and since we are in ouor 70's, I guess we'd better not wait any longer, eh? We slated to be in Cabin C709.

You might want to check the roll call for this cruise. There has been some very good info (even this far out.)

Sandy

I've been reading the posts here but am not clear on an answer to what I'm thinking of doing.

My cruise (Norwegian Dream) terminates in Buenos Aires January 6th in the early morning. My flight home is not until late on the 7th.

Are there any one day or overnight tours from BA to the falls and back? has anyone here done this using a guided tour, or do you have to get your own flight to the Falls to meet your guide? Or is there not enough time.

Any recommendations help. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Be careful if you do the trip from BA to Iguazu with LAN or another company (Aerolinas Argentinas) because you are limited to 20 Kilo (about 45 pounds) of luggage per person and only one carry-on; which is less than AA or other airline carrier. If you have to much you will pay extra $$$$. I plan to leave some luggage at the hotel in BA.

nannycoop1 & babsjoy: after talking to friends who have done this trip as well as considering are own preferences, we decided to do this trip in 1 day on 2/26/08 (very doable if you do not want to see from both sides or tour the jungle). We've booked air on are own on AR arriving in Igusau at 9:35am, then picked up at airport for full day tour incl boat ride by Defranco tours who will then take us back to the airport for 5pm flight (you could also book on Lan which arrives @9:15am and returns @ 8:25pm, but we thought that might be alittle too long , besides we prefer to eat in BA. The cost will be about 40% of whaT AZAMARA WOULD CHARGE W/O worrying if their tour is cancelled due to inadequate reservations). the flights are about 1 1/2 hrs. When do you plan on going?

There are only 4 flights a day from BA to Iguazu. Ours is on LAN, made yesterday. Our hotel is the Cataratas, made today. Don't wait to make your reservations, as the flight selections get more limited EVERY DAY. There also are not many hotels on the Argentinian side. In Brazil you have more choices, but you also have to pay $100 for a visa.

Good luck. I can hardly wait!

Don't wait another day to make your reservations. There are 4 flights into Iguazu from BA. We just made ours on LAN, and hotel Cataratas. Total cost about $325 each. We are going early January, and I regret not maing them sooner, as the choices you have are limited.

Hope you get there.

• 2 weeks later...
There also are not many hotels on the Argentinian side. In Brazil you have more choices, but you also have to pay $100 for a visa.

Having just returned home from the falls, I will say that the Brasil and Argentina sides are both very exciting but very very different from each other. If you are already at the site, the visa fee is nothing compared to the stunning view you would miss from the Brasil side if you decided not to get the visa.

Archived