Question About Life Boat Drill

AZCAMM

We want to take my mom on a 4 day cruise but was concerned about the safety drill. She is 83yr. young but must walk w/crutches. She does very well, I might add but stairs are more difficult.

Does anyone know how she would get down those steep, narrow back stairs during the drill or will they let her sit it out ?

Before my husband died, we went on his one and only cruise. He was in very poor health and could not clim steps. The officer guarding the elavators let him ride up while I had to walk. Just ask someone after you get on the ship

We want to take my mom on a 4 day cruise but was concerned about the safety drill. She is 83yr. young but must walk w/crutches. She does very well, I might add but stairs are more difficult.

Does anyone know how she would get down those steep, narrow back stairs during the drill or will they let her sit it out ?

They won't let her skip it (it is required by the USCG), but they are used to this situation, just see one of the staff and they will direct her... no worries!!

Archived