Conquest review 7/8/07

csic

Had a wonderful cruise. The ship is very beautiful and clean. Cannot say enough how friendly and courteous the crew was. The only negative thing that I could say was bad about the whole trip was the Embarkation and Debarkation. Arrived in Galveston around 11am on Sunday (7/8/07) and got on the ship about 3pm. Returned to Galveston on Sunday (7/15/07) around 6:15am and it was 2pm when we finally got to our car, but waiting in line, after line, after line to go cruising beats any day going to work. It was still worth the wait. I think a lot of the problem is with the Terminal in Galveston. Too many people boarding the ship and getting off the ship at the same time causing a lot of congestion. If they could make two levels in the parking lots and terminal for arriving and one level for departing like they do at the airports I think it might help with some of the congestion. Once on the ship you will have a lot of fun. Food is great, entertainment was great, crew was great. We met a great family from Missouri at our table and had the best time together. It really made the cruise more enjoyable. Also, our waiter and staff was the best and we had a lot of fun with them. The only show we did not like was the Magic show. If you go be sure to get there early, they close 3 sections down and many people were sitting on stairs. We did Sunset Beach in Jamacia due to recommendations on this board and it was well worth the time and money. Met some other cruise critic people that were on the Royal Carribean ship and enjoyed talking and playing water volleyball with. Our excursion in Grand CAyman also was recommended by many of you thru Grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com. We rented a private boat for a family of 5 and had the greatest time. The tour was called OUtrage Stingray Eco Tour. Richard our tour guide and driver was the best and he went above and beyond to make sure we had a great time and we did!!!!. I highly recommend this tour to everyone. NOt crowded like all the other boats were at STingray and we went to private reef areas to snorkel, went to Starfish beach (biggest and most colorful Starfish we have ever seen) , kids went tubing. We then booked our next excursion thru the same website for Cozumel and went to San Francisco beach all inclusive. It was very pretty beach and the drinks and food were great. Any other questions?

Glad you enjoyed the Conquest!! We had a blast on her!!! We had NO problem whatsoever embarking... but debarkation was a nightmare (we only had use of half the customs agents)... I think everyone missed their flight that day... but, oh well.. things could have been worse!

Thanks for the review!

The only negative thing that I could say was bad about the whole trip was the Embarkation and Debarkation. Arrived in Galveston around 11am on Sunday (7/8/07) and got on the ship about 3pm.

I'm sailing on the Conquest on the 23rd of Sept and I was a bit concerned about boarding. Where was the delay? What happened when you got to the terminal at 11AM?

It seems as though you guys getting on board at 3 PM would leave a heck of a line behind you! What time did you finally depart???

Thanks!!

Mach

That's so weird. We got to terminal at about 11:30 or so, and were on board by 12:30. I did hear that many people were still waiting in line to board and that is why we took off about 45 minutes late.

As for disembarking, we were off the ship and in our car by 9:00 or close to that.

Archived