Euro Strong. will you cruise because of that.

The US Dollar has been weak compared to both the UK£ and the Euro for several months now...... Those visiting the US from across the Atlantic have been getting an extra 20% or so in $$$ for there money all year.....;)

just read that the euro and the pound are high. is that enough of a kick that if you were on the fence waiting to cruise that you will do it sooner than later?

We went to Paris a few months ago because.... well, entirely because I wanted to go to Paris. We knew the Euro was very strong compared to the dollar, and it has remained so.

I remember the cafes and the lovely meals we had, and I don't remember, or care, what we paid for them.

I can't imagine letting the exchange rate dictate whether I went to place I wanted to go.

I can't imagine letting the exchange rate dictate whether I went to place I wanted to go.
Ditto.

If anything, I would think the strong Euro would discourage some Americans from travelling abroad. But not me, as you can tell from my sig. :cool:

The Euro, Pound, Canadian dollar and many other currencies have strengthened greatly against the Greenback during the last 5 years. The trick is finding out if the full retail difference is being passed along. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't.

The Euro, Pound, Canadian dollar and many other currencies have strengthened greatly against the Greenback during the last 5 years.

Have they really strengthened or has the Greenback weakened? :p

At any rate, I wouldn't let that dictate my vacation. It's a vacation. You're going to spend a lot of money. :D

At any rate, I wouldn't let that dictate my vacation. It's a vacation. You're going to spend a lot of money. :D

Yup, it's either 12 or a dozen, take your pick. :D. I also agree, if it's something one really wants to do, the exchange rate probably won't be much of a factor.

I love the weak US dollar :D

Pffft....... :)

Won't keep us from going. Euro was the same last year on our Med cruise and tbh, I didn't give it a thought until we got to London this April. OUCH! The British pound is a killer.

This may be a little off the subject but we will be flying into Heathrow in Oct and transfering on our way to Rome. We will have an 3 hour layover, should we get a small amount of pounds:confused: in case we want a drink or buy something while we are there. Thank you

Delores

The answer to this questions in my opinion is 60% weak US dollar 40% strong Canadian dollar.

In response to the other question if it will cut back on travel. I can tell you for cross boarder trips in the last year it has dropped by 75%. We live about 1.3 hours from Niagra Falls and the US traffic is way down. On the good side the European traffic is up but not enough.

This also may have to do with the misunderstanding about crossing the boarder and what ID you need.

This may be a little off the subject but we will be flying into Heathrow in Oct and transfering on our way to Rome. We will have an 3 hour layover, should we get a small amount of pounds:confused: in case we want a drink or buy something while we are there. Thank you

Delores

Hmmmm......A small amount.......... :) Yes, just remember-Everything costs double what you'd expect to pay. It can't hurt to have about 20 pounds in your pocket. If you see anything else you can use your credit card.

Archived