Crowne Plaza - LGA

Solara

Has anyone stayed at the Crowne Plaza at LGA. We are cruising out the Red Hook in Brooklyn the next AM. I just don't want to pay a fortune for a hotel the day before. This is in the $160.00 range. How is the area and is there any places to at least have dinner around there. That way we could take a car service to Red in the AM. It would be nice to see Manhattan but not at $320+ for a night in October.

Any other suggestions for place to stay would be appreciate.

We're taking our first trip to New York. With the price of rooms in Manhatten, we are considering bidding on the LGA area with Priceline. The Crown and other 3 star hotels have been going for under $100 per night.

The web site says its 8 miles from manhatten. 15 minute cab ride or take a shuttle or cab to the #7 train (cost is $8 cab ride or $2 shuttle from hotel).

Attached is a web site that shows winning bids and also has reviews of hotels. Click on the hotels section above the bids and it takes you the the hotel web site or hotel reviews. Go back to other areas in NY, including Manhatten area.

http://p070.ezboard.com/New-York-Airports-JFKLGAEWR-including-adjacent-bidding-zones/fpricelineandexpediabiddingfrm266

I got the W New York on Lexington Ave in Manhatten for $157 on Hotwire for our Nov 3rd cruise. I consider myself lucky as this is the weekend of the New York Marathon. At least we are sailing out the day before the race.

Dave

Archived