Island Princess Dining Questions

Outhouse

We are on the Island Princess next week (08/28) and need some input on restaurants. We plan on doing Sabatini's the second night which I am guessing will be formal night. I have heard that the other facilities all serve the same items. Is this true? Any advantage to the Bayou Grill or whatever it is called. Tips, appreciated!

Our cruise on the Island Princess was on 7/24 to 7/31/04. I noted that the entrees served at Sabatini's were very limited--maybe five choices and nothing extraordinary in Italian cuisine. I noticed that Sabatini's was not as busy as expected, though I was told that they book up quickly. I'd save my money and not pay the extra charge to dine there. Bayou Cafe's menu did not appeal to me. The food in the main dining room was excellent and service in the Provence dining room was extraordinary.

[b][color=blue]The menus in the Traditional and Personal Choice dining rooms are the same.[/color][/b]
[b][color=blue]Sabitini's serves a 1000 course Italian meal.. Don't eat lunch :D [/color][/b]
[b][color=blue]The Bayou is cajun inspired and serves the best steak and lobster in town. You can also listen to jazz while you eat.. The Bayou is my personal favorite..[/color] [/b]

Sabatini's serves about 5 items per course and you get all of them except for the main entree where you select one item. It a a huge sampling of food and a great experience and well worth the extra charge. We didn't eat at the Bayou but heard good things about it.

Scott

With the exception of king crab and lobster, all the same entrees were served on the buffet in the Horizon Court. This worked better for us because there was no waiting and we could try all the entrees every night!Get the Beef Wellington and skip the raspberry creme brule!

[quote name='roohound']also loved the Bayou (albeit on the Coral)..the steak was unbelievable!

However, the service was a bit off. The manager was wonderful....the waiter was bordering on the pits.[/QUOTE]

Ours was the best we had on board... the Coral as well.

We went the first night and I think they had a grand total of two waiters working LOL We had a heck of a time getting drinks and also when we ordered the menu said something about the side dishes and my husband attempted to pick out what he wanted. But the waiter pretty much shushed him and just walked away.

And we were left thinking what the heck?

Turns out he brought a plate of small portions of all the side dishes...but honestly, he just wanted the one LOL If the waiter had explained this, it would have been better. As it turns out, he just came across as rude.

Did it make my steak taste any less great? Nope LOL

Don't miss Sabatini's. It is WAY worth the extra $15, especially if you normally don't treat yourself to very fine dining. P.S. We were a group of 8, and our two young teens wanted only pizza and we were not charged for that.

Archived