+/- booking a BF Guaranteed on Caribbean Princess

jt58203

Having a balcony is great. My personal opinion is mid-ship to aft are preferable. Gty bookings tend to be assigned more forward ship cabins, the ones less likely picked by pax who want a specific cabin. If it was me, I'd pick the cabin I wanted in cat BF. If you are open to upgrades then have your TA leave that option available on your booking.

We did and got bumped up to a BB within a week.

What week are you sailing?

Peggy

Looking at a Feb 2008 sailing, maybe Feb. 3. My hubby isn't a Superbowl fan, but would hate to miss any NASCAR later in the month.

Will be a first time cruiser and wondering what everyone thinks about booking a BF Guaranteed cabin on the Caribbean Princess. I think I'd be happy with ANY balcony.

If any balcony is acceptable...book the cheapest one, even if it's a guarantee and you got what you want! Perfect! We do it all the time...pick the cheapest Balcony guarantee and we've been moved up every time to BB or BA. But even if we were not moved up, we'd still be happy with our balcony!

For anyone wondering why I'm asking about BF is that I'm finding that category is $150 pp cheaper than BG.

Just keep in mind that someone will always end up in the BF category cabins. If that is acceptable to you, then book the gurantee and hope for the best in the form of an upgrade!

BF, BB, BA????

What does it all mean?

I, too, am in the process of booking another cruise. However, I'm confused by these category codes.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Only difference is LOCATION. Some ships have a different sized balcony depending on the deck and category, covered, semi covered, or totally exposed balcony, but without the ships name you are looking at, can't help you with which is which.

Only difference is LOCATION. Some ships have a different sized balcony depending on the deck and category, covered, semi covered, or totally exposed balcony, but without the ships name you are looking at, can't help you with which is which.

Crown Princess

We did a balcony gty last year on the CB. Within a week of booking, we were assigned a "BA" catergory cabin. It was a huge savings. Had we booked the "BA" outright, we would have paid $600 pp more.

A little tip about gty: When we were assigned our cabin, it was on the Lido deck. We were really hoping to be on the Caribe deck (bigger balconies) but would have been happy no matter what. I called Princess and asked them if there was any way we could switch our cabin as long as we stayed in the same category. They said that was no problem and assigned us a room that was on the Caribe, midship. So, once your cabin is assigned, if you don't like the location, call and see if they would switch it for you. If you get someone nice, they might!

we booked a cat BF guar and within a week , we were assigned a cat BA cabin on the lido deck....thought about calling for a caribe deck balcony but decided to try the lido deck..we have never been on this deck before!! :)

Marsha

Archived