La Quinta Inn and Suites Galveston??

patticaryl

I have some reward points, need two rooms for pre-cruise in Sept and spoke with LQ reservations. I can get a great deal staying at the La Quinta Inn and Suites for me ($15.00) but the other room is 139.00 for our friends. I tried to do a search to see what others have said about this hotel. The other La Quinta Inn is not available for this deal. Anyone know how this hotel is? How far away from the ship? Any advise???

I thought I had read about a new hotel just recently opened (over the last year)????? Anyone know about that one?

Thanks

As far as I know, there are two La Quintas on the island. One is really old and has the proverbial IHOP in the parking lot. It's closer to the cruise terminal, but not significantly so. I think it's around 20th St. and Seawall. The newer one has been open for about three years or so now. It's quite a bit nicer than the old one and is located around 70th St. and Seawall. I didn't look up the addresses or anything, so please don't be mad if I'm off by a few blocks! :)

As far as a brand new hotel on the island... I'm at a loss. Maybe someone else can step in with that information.

The couple of times we've stayed down there for the weekend, we've gotten a room at the Moody Gardens Hotel. I don't know if they offer cruise shuttles or anything, but the hotel rooms are nice and the aquarium and whatnot is fun to go to.

The one that is called La Quinta Inn & Suites is the newer and nicer one. Galveston is a small town and nothing is too far away. If the address is 8710 Seawall Blvd. you would take I-45 South across the Galveston Causway and exit 61st Street. Turn right on 61st. Street and proceed to Seawall Blvd.. Turn right on Seawall Blvd. and drive to 87st. & Seawall.

I don't know how much time you have to spend in Galveston but this site should help.

http://www.galveston.com/islandhotels/

I went to the beach yesterday and saw this hotel. It is on the west end (west of 61st st.) and looks nice. I tried to pay attention to places when I go there because cc'ers do ask about them and I want to help. There is a new hotel going up right on the corner of I-45 and 61st but is no where near completion. There is also a new one going up on seawall near the LaQuinta you are talking about but not done yet. I think the newest is a Holiday Inn Express but it is not the one down on east beach near the terminal, it is further west.

• 2 weeks later...
We've stayed there twice. We usually just drive in day of cruise, but if we come early that is our hotel of choice. Very large rooms. Very clean.

Thanks Snoozeman! Got everything all set. Rented car from Houston and return, booked the rooms at La Quinta, and even booked some excursions. I appreciate your assurance that the hotel will be a good choice.

Patti

Thanks Snoozeman! Got everything all set. Rented car from Houston and return, booked the rooms at La Quinta, and even booked some excursions. I appreciate your assurance that the hotel will be a good choice.

Patti

Your welcome. See ya on the ship.:)

Archived