Zipline - Help me overcome my fear

ReaderWriter

We are booked on POH and my family wants to zipline in Kauai. I want to do it with them, but I have some fears. I went on a ropes course a few years ago and loved the zipline, but was terrified to climb the tree and cross the shaky bridge. I've been reading all the zipline posts, but still have a few specific questions.

1. Is there any climbing involved?

2. Do any of the tours not have a suspension bridge?

3. Do you have to cross the bridge one at a time, or can someone go with you?

4. What if you're too scared to continue; is there any other way to get back?

5. If I don't go on the tour, is there any place to hang out until they return?

I would really appreciate any information or advice you can give me! :eek:

There are several zipline tours offered on Kauai, so it depends which tour your family is interested in. We recently did the Kauai Canopy Zipline Adventure and there were no rope bridges involved. That would have freaked me out also !! This tour was a series of 7 ziplines. There was no climbing except for a couple of small ladder like things to get up on the platform. It was pure ziplining.....no other scary stuff ;)

There are several zipline tours offered on Kauai, so it depends which tour your family is interested in. We recently did the Kauai Canopy Zipline Adventure and there were no rope bridges involved. That would have freaked me out also !! This tour was a series of 7 ziplines. There was no climbing except for a couple of small ladder like things to get up on the platform. It was pure ziplining.....no other scary stuff ;)

Where did you find/book this particular tour? I googled the title you gave and they seem to all have suspension bridges listed. (unless I missed something.)

I did a zipline in Puerto Vallarta. It was my idea, and I was terrified the entire time. That said, it was very safe. I was in a harness attached to a safety rope the entire time. I am sure Hawaii will be even safer. It was really scary, but at the same time, exhilirating in a way. The guys running it knew I was terrified. They were very kind and helpful.

I don't think I would do it again, but you should try it once. Know that you are 100% safe and feel the adrenaline that just won't quit!

The name Kauai Canopy Zipline Adventure is the name that NCL gives to this excursion. It is actually run by Backcountry Adventures. There are no suspension bridges.....you are driven up to the top of the mountain in really fun open air vehicles. It was about a 20 minute ride up there.

These are the same people who do the Tubing the Ditch. All of this takes place on private land.

Have fun!!

Archived