Parking at NY Pier

travisoc

WE are taking our first cruise on 8/2/07. Carnival Victory, and were wondering about parking at the pier in NY. Does the lot fill up, do you need resevations? Would it be better to be dropped off? I appreciate any info someone may have. Thanks

We've sailed out of NYC three times (fourth in 3 weeks!:D ) and have never had a problem parking at the pier. There are three piers (88, 90 and 92) and parking on top of each pier. You may end up parked on a different pier than the one at which your ship is docked, but they're all connected and close together. When you arrive, stop first at the lower level to drop off your bags with the porters, then drive up the ramp to the parking area. There will be a parking booth there where you pay in advance (and yes, they do take credit cards - our first year they didn't), then they will direct you to a parking space. There will probably be security guards checking the cars before you park - it takes a few minutes, but it's not bad.

For our Dawn departure March 1st, getting to and parking at the pier in NY was much easier than we had anticipated. Good signage as we arrived, lots of spaces and very well looked after while you're gone. Would do it again in a flash:)

Has anyone noticed any high-top conversion vans parked there. We many need to come with that car and was wondering if you need to drive to the top from the inside (if I am explaining it correctly). My van measures 7'8" high and would hate to have a problem.

Archived