Tour Help to Muir Woods

cruzingduo

We would like to take a tour to Muir woods, but I cannot find a tour that lasts 3 hours. We have another excursion booked so we are trying to find a tour that leaves at 9 am and returns at 12 or at the latest 12:30.

any suggestions?

You forgot to say where you are leaving from. The 2 lane curvy slow road to Muir Woods is off of Highway 101 in Mill Valley. So, if you are staying on the northern side of the Golden Gate Bridge maybe you can do it in a stretch. However, if you're staying in San Francisco you've got a good 15-20 minutes each way just to get to the 2 lane road. Then, it is a popular destination and the 2 lane road gets backed up with buses & you just can't go fast on it. Finally, when you get to Muir Woods you're looking at a minimum of 45 minutes round trip walk to see the woods. I sure wouldn't plan on 3 hours door to door if leaving from SF.

We did a tour with Grey Line Tours a few years ago which took us to Muir Woods. I cannot remember how long the tour was but don't think it was much more than 3 hours. They only do it certain days of the week though.

Don't know where you are staying but we took the tour directly from Fisherman's Wharf.

Having 3 hours may be cutting a little close, because Muir Woods is about 30-45 minutes from the Port and coming back may take a bit longer depending on the time of day. If you plan on walking around to look at the redwoods you probably spend at least an hour, some of the trails take longer.

Archived