castaway bafefoot sail??

beachgal58

has anyone done this excursion on st thomas? barefoot sail/snorkel, i am leary of booking anything with the ship, usually it is an hour to get there, an hour of beach time, an hour back. but the website does not mention anything about a scenic tour of the island first. it just says about the great sailing/snorkeling..wondering how do we get to the catamaran? sometimes they r right at the pier, to good to be true..

also the ultimate snorkeling on grand turk..

thanks, cindy

has anyone done this excursion on st thomas? barefoot sail/snorkel, i am leary of booking anything with the ship, usually it is an hour to get there, an hour of beach time, an hour back. but the website does not mention anything about a scenic tour of the island first. it just says about the great sailing/snorkeling..wondering how do we get to the catamaran? sometimes they r right at the pier, to good to be true..

thanks, cindy

We took this excursion on our last cruise. It was great! The Castaway Girl was right at the end of the pier and we just walked over. There were not as many people on this boat, as there were on other snorkeling excursions we have taken. We had plenty of time to snorkel and the ride back with all the free rum punch (mmmm delicious) was great. I got back to the ship in a very good mood :D Lots of punch that just kept flowing. My husband also enjoyed the crew, if you get my drift.

thanks, cindy

My husband and I did this excursion as well. While we enjoyed the boat and the crew, it was our first time, and the snorkeling itself left much to be desired..... but, we didn't realize that until we went snorkeling in Belize.

We did this excursion in April of this year. Our group included 2 adults and 2 teenagers and we all had a great time. The Castaway Girl crew was very nice and informative. I do recommend this excursion. The only mini-complaint I have is that there are 2 "sister" ships. The Castaway Girl crew was female (ours), the other ship looked to be a crew of males- hot males (not ours)- well the four of us ARE females so care to guess which boat we wish we had been on. hee hee

My husband, granddaughter and I took this excursion last week. My GD said it was her favorite snorkeling trip ever! The crew was great -- we had one female and two males. It took almost an hour to get to the snorkeling location and if I remember correctly, my DH and GD snorkeled for about 2 hours and then we sailed back to the ship. They said there was a freighter that had gone done during a hurricane and they were able to snorkle over and see that. There was a marine biologist on board that took the group on a snorkeling tour of the whole area. I didn't go in the water that day, but did partake in the rum punch -- very yummy! Great trip!

thank-you for the responses. does anyone remember if the "cat" had steps in the aft to walk down to the water? my pal has had cancer surgery(removed some muscle in his neck)and cannot climb the traditional ladders that r on the sloops or ketches..most catamarans have the aft steps, even if it takes an hour to get out tot he snorkel area...sailing.....i love it!! this sounds so good, any tips? and it is right there, we dont have to go on a scenic tour first!! we just want to get on and sail/snorkel..oh...a rum punch as well!!

thanks again, cindy

thank-you for the responses. does anyone remember if the "cat" had steps in the aft to walk down to the water? my pal has had cancer surgery(removed some muscle in his neck)and cannot climb the traditional ladders that r on the sloops or ketches..most catamarans have the aft steps, even if it takes an hour to get out tot he snorkel area...sailing.....i love it!! this sounds so good, any tips? and it is right there, we dont have to go on a scenic tour first!! we just want to get on and sail/snorkel..oh...a rum punch as well!!

thanks again, cindy

Cindy, the "cat" is right down the pier from the ship. Just a short walk. I'm not sure about the steps, though. Don't remember. It's possible they have a website.

thanks pals, this sounds like a nice day. most of the cats have the steps that r easy to go up/down, not the ladder which is terrible for alot of folks. do they stop at 2 different places? i think it leaves at 12:30 and returns 3:30..love to snorkel..it is limited, i guess i should book soon.

cindy

Archived