barefoot sail

beachgal58

we r interested in the castaway barefoot sail/snorkel carival offers. i do not usually book witht he ship, but this looks fine. can someone fill me in...do they pick us up at the pier or is it one of the scenic drives to get to the "cat"?? we do not like the scenic drive crap they like to add. it is usually an hour to get to where u r going and an hour back..leaving 1 hr for swimming or beach time..please give us the 411 on how we get to the catamaran...cindy

We did this last month and LOVED it! The crew on Castaway Girl are great -- very knowledgeable and lots of fun. The rum punch (made with pineapple juice) is delicious! The catamaran was docked near the ship. We met our guide on the pier next to our ship and walked a short distance to the catamaran -- no long bus ride anywhere. The snorkeling was really good the day we went; the water was clear and there were lots of fish, etc. to see. I highly recommend this shore excursion.

Yes, there is a head, and the Castaway Girl has stairs rather than a ladder to get off and on the boat. We almost missed out on this one because we waited too long to book and it was sold out. Carnival called them a couple days before we arrived in St. Thomas and arranged for them to add a second sailing for the day. Otherwise we would have been out of luck. Have a great time!

thanks again cruisemom! u have answered all my questons, i booked it for dh and myself. called our pals, they should be booked by now..sounds great! i am not much on carnivals excursions..i am ready to get to the water, they seem to mess around so long we dont much time. so i usually go alone but this one caught my eye! thanks again..cindy

Archived