Question from the most experienced cruiser who has never cruised

rebeltech8

First off, I have never stepped foot on a cruise ship before. But after reading umpteen million reviews, and twice as many posts on this site, I feel like I am the most experienced cruiser who has never cruised. You guys are great.

Any time I have had a cruise question pop into my head, I would be excited that I could finally post a question. But after a quick search, I would find the question already answered somewhere on here.

Until today...I have a question I have not seen answered.

My wife and I booked a cruise 6 months ago for a trip on the Caribbean Princess which leaves this Sunday. When we first booked, we decided that we would rather save money and go on excursions and do stuff rather than get a nicer cabin. So, we booked the least expensive on the ship: Catagory M...(You know the one with the oars). But...it gets better. We were upgraded to a category I on the Riviera deck...R745...the last cabin by the Terrace pool. We were assigned this cabin about 45 days ago and were excited about where it is.

So...Today, Princess calls. Offers us an upgrade if we will postpone our trip a month or so. They over booked and are looking for folks to reschedule. No matter what they offered, we can't do it because of our schedules.

Here is the question...what are the chances they'll send us back down to steerage to row our way through the Caribbean?

Judyjbest - Thanks for answering- They offered us a balcony on a cruise in Sept. Unfortunately, my wife works for the local school system and starts back work mid-Aug. My question specifically was, would they dare :-) change us back to the lower deck on our cruise on Sunday? does Princess do that at this late date?

Willysgrandma - Willy has the best grandma!!! That's what I wanted and needed to hear. Thank you

They can take your upgrade away, but they won't! But, tell them what date you need to cruise by, and they'll likely make you another good offer. They need a room on this cruise ... capitalize, but work within your own guidelines!

Archived