Water Taxi in Venice

Does anyone know how many people can fit in the water taxi including luggage. We are a group traveling together. Don't know about getting luggage on vaporetto and then walking to hotel.

How big is your group?

Four of us took a water taxi last year and it is a thrilling experience to arrive in Venice this way.

There are two bench seats, one along each side, plus one across the back. Two of us sat on the one in the back with plenty of room, and the seats along the side would seat several -- guess it depends on how much luggage you have!

This is the only picture I could find to give any sense of scale, hope it helps:

117411158_86f4dbd653_m.jpg

How big is your group?

Four of us took a water taxi last year and it is a thrilling experience to arrive in Venice this way.

There are two bench seats, one along each side, plus one across the back. Two of us sat on the one in the back with plenty of room, and the seats along the side would seat several -- guess it depends on how much luggage you have!

This is the only picture I could find to give any sense of scale, hope it helps:

Thanks for the info. We were hoping to get at least three couples onboard to share the cost. Seems like we can.

I have seen water taxi websites that will accept up to 10 people. Having only ridden them twice last month, I would say that 10 sounds about right.

An important constraint is the amount of luggage you intend to bring. The drivers will not put the suitcases in the sheltered passenger compartment but stow it all up forward in the cockpit area. And when I looked into reserving a water taxi via the internet, I was told that if we had more than 10 pieces of luggage we would require two taxis.

When we took our single water taxi from our hotel to the pier to embark on Millennium, there were 6 of us and about 11-12 suitcases and 6 or so carryons.

Archived