4.5* Hollywood Beach-Hotwire

sparky3229

Would this be the Hyatt Regency Pier 66? I can get it on Hotwire for $119. plus tax. It looks beautiful, yet more than I want to spend since we will arrive at around 8 PM and then have to leave the next morning. What a waste of a beautiful resort!!! (I also think there is an extra charge per room for facility fee). I know I will be going to the ship and life is good, but... Maybe a 3* would be better, yet Hotwire didn't offer me any. Maybe I didn't choose the correct location for maybe the Sheraton Clipper or Trader or Doubletree Suites. Any suggestions out there to maybe decode the Hotwire descriptions?

Would this be the Hyatt Regency Pier 66? I can get it on Hotwire for $119. plus tax. It looks beautiful, yet more than I want to spend since we will arrive at around 8 PM and then have to leave the next morning. What a waste of a beautiful resort!!! (I also think there is an extra charge per room for facility fee). I know I will be going to the ship and life is good, but... Maybe a 3* would be better, yet Hotwire didn't offer me any. Maybe I didn't choose the correct location for maybe the Sheraton Clipper or Trader or Doubletree Suites. Any suggestions out there to maybe decode the Hotwire descriptions?

Susan:

My guess is that this is the Diplomat Country Club & Spa in Hallandale. I have researched the FLL hotels to death and I believe this is the only 4-1/2 star hotel.

You might try www.biddingfun.com for info on hotwire hotels in the Ft Lauderdale area. It should be the Fort Lauderdale Beach Area for the Yankee Clipper or the Yankee Trader and not Fort Lauderdale Airport/Hollywood Beach area.

Wow, aarep...that had a lot of information. Thank you. I actually had that site book marked from our last cruise, yet it was so hidden on all my other stuff I had missed it. When I went to book mark it again, it showed I already had it! LOL. I didn't see a 4.5 *, but the site shows all the ammenities and such to link up descriptions. Now I have to figure out where to stay. We would like to view the port or the ocean.

Does anyone know if I looked for 4 rooms instead of 1, are bids accepted easier, since you want more rooms?

:) Not sure when you are going but someone just posted that they got the Renaissance on Hotwire for $79.00 August 31. This would be a great hotel for 1 night right across from the pier. Hotwire shows it as a 4 star in the Las Olas/Downtown/Port Everglades area.

I did see that Las Olas area...never heard of it so had no idea about it. I will try for that too! That is a great price. I am going in Nov. so I think the rates are higher, as it isnt as hot there. I like $79 :D

Booked the same 4.5* deal in Hollywood Beach three weeks ago for our November Miracle pre-stay and it was, indeed, the Diplomat Country Club and Spa. This is not the Westin Diplomat resort but its sister property. Small, boutique hotel with tons of history. It will be cool. A little further for the ride to the pier but in a good area with a free shuttle to the Westin. We figure an afternoon exploring the area, dinner on the Hollywood Broadwalk and then a relaxing, quiet evening in the hotel lounge to get us ready for our cruise. Sounds good to me.

Is the Renaissance listed as a Ft Lauderdale downtown hotel on Priceline ? I may try it . But then again Comfort Suites is $92 ( gta hotels.com) total and they have the free shuttles and free breakfast. :p Planning this stuff is half the fun !!!

Is the Renaissance listed as a Ft Lauderdale downtown hotel on Priceline ? I may try it . But then again Comfort Suites is $92 ( gta hotels.com) total and they have the free shuttles and free breakfast. :p Planning this stuff is half the fun !!!

Yes, it's the downtown area on PL. There's a big differance in quality between the Renaissance and the Comfort Suites. It's a vacation, treat yourself right, go with the nice one. ;)

Bequia, I will think about it. I have never used PL so I guess I am a tad intimidated. And hey we booked a JS on the Enchantment so that is treating myself real well. :D Thanks for all your great help on this site.

Archived