Adventure Park, Zipline, Snorkel ~OR~ Mayan Jungle Explorer?

cruisers7771

I need some help.

We both want to Zip Line and Cozumel excursions offer two different ones, the Adventure Park, Zip Line, and Snorkel Combo and the Mayan Jungle Explorer. (in the mayan jungle explorer you ride bikes, zip line, and eat a mexican lunch with villiage people....the other is self explanatory)

Has anyone done either one of these? How were they?

Any information is greatly appreciated! :)

I read on here somewhere that one of the people that went on the adventure park zip line didn't like it because they zip lined over concrete instead of trees. I also read in another thread, someone that did the Mayan Jungle adventure and they said they loved it. We are booked to do the Mayan Jungle Adventure on our cruise that leaves on the 11th of August. Sorry I don't have any first hand info. When is your cruise? If you cruise after me maybe I can give you an update when I return.

I read on here somewhere that one of the people that went on the adventure park zip line didn't like it because they zip lined over concrete instead of trees. I also read in another thread, someone that did the Mayan Jungle adventure and they said they loved it. We are booked to do the Mayan Jungle Adventure on our cruise that leaves on the 11th of August. Sorry I don't have any first hand info. When is your cruise? If you cruise after me maybe I can give you an update when I return.

Thanks! I also read some info about the Mayan Jungle Explorer and it sounds like fun. I only recently read the excursion about the adventure park thru Carnival and just wanted to know the differences.

We are Carnival's Legend on Aug. 26. If you can remember, come back and let me know how the excursion went!

Thanks so much! :)

Thanks! I also read some info about the Mayan Jungle Explorer and it sounds like fun. I only recently read the excursion about the adventure park thru Carnival and just wanted to know the differences.

We are Carnival's Legend on Aug. 26. If you can remember, come back and let me know how the excursion went!

Will Do! have fun on your cruise.

Definitely do the Mayan Jungle over the other one. We've had the pleasure of ziplining in Costa Rica, and if you can't get there, this one is the next best thing, of all the ziplines being offerred in the Caribbean. Most are poor knockoffs, overpriced with few lines. This one is 25 platform/12 lines and you get some distance going between lines. The guides will even take you upside down if you want.

From the Carnival description, since you take the ferry, this is Selvatica.

http://www.cancunvista.com/mayanriviera/selvatura_canopy_expedition.htm

Built and run by Costa Ricans. It is a top notch facility and tour. We did it on our own when we stayed in Playa Del Carmen last month. It really is a good price, especially when it's three activities and lunch. (If you tip the ladies who cook the lunch, they are so appreciative it warms your heart)

The only thing is, doing it from Cozumel, you will be spending half the tour time traveling. Hopefully you'll have some energy and time left to stroll down 5th avenue in Playa.

Definitely do the Mayan Jungle over the other one. We've had the pleasure of ziplining in Costa Rica, and if you can't get there, this one is the next best thing, of all the ziplines being offerred in the Caribbean. Most are poor knockoffs, overpriced with few lines. This one is 25 platform/12 lines and you get some distance going between lines. The guides will even take you upside down if you want.

From the Carnival description, since you take the ferry, this is Selvatica.

http://www.cancunvista.com/mayanriviera/selvatura_canopy_expedition.htm

Built and run by Costa Ricans. It is a top notch facility and tour. We did it on our own when we stayed in Playa Del Carmen last month. It really is a good price, especially when it's three activities and lunch. (If you tip the ladies who cook the lunch, they are so appreciative it warms your heart)

The only thing is, doing it from Cozumel, you will be spending half the tour time traveling. Hopefully you'll have some energy and time left to stroll down 5th avenue in Playa.

Oh you are a lifesaver! Thanks so much for the info. I think we will stick to the Mayan Jungle Explorer. The website for that link looks awesome!

The traveling out of cozumel was the only thing we didnt really like. If I'm in Coz, I want to see Coz. But the zip line looked like so much fun we couldnt pass it up! You can zip line in Belize (another port we are going to) but we are doing the cave tubing on a private tour so zip lining there was out. Coz was our only option.

Thanks again!! :D

Just so you know your options, there is a combination zip and river tube excursion in Belize. I would go with one of the private outfitters over the internet. Extreme Belize is one. It will cost more, but when you add the cost of the two separately, you come out ahead. I have not done the zip in Belize, but the tubing twice.

Selvatica is a wonderful tour, but again, it is a lot of travel time, and you will be on a bus traveling in Belize. Just thought I'd throw that out there. You'll have fun whatever you decide.

• 3 weeks later...

We just got back from our cruise on the Ecstasty yesterday. We took the Mayan Jungle Adventure Excursion. It was wonderful. We met in the Blue Sapphire room at 8:30. (TIP: Make sure you bring your sail and sign AND a picture ID, even for those under age 16! Luckily I had made copies of our passport and brought them with us.) We were probably only there for 15 minutes before they loaded us on to the tender boat. I guess the trip over was about 45 minutes, It didn't seem like it because I slept on the ride over and on the ride back. ;) We then walked over to our meeting point and were greeted by our tour guide Anaranza (?) He was great. He walked us down to where the tour bus was. (TIP: Be very careful of the other drivers in this parking lot. They are crazy and drive too fast. Forwards and backwards. The guy we were watching hit a car. He didn't act like he noticed.) We got on the bus, it was nice. We drove to the excursion. It took about 15-20 minutes to get there. The road that we turned down was very bumpy. Anaranza said that there would be no extra charge for the off road massage! He was very funny. They took us to a concrete hut and gave us warnings and instructions before we set out. After this they put all of our belongings for everyone in our group in a locker and one person held onto the key. We headed for the bicycles first. They gave us helmets (you don't have to wear them) and our bicycles. The road was bumpy. We learned some interesting things though. After the bike ride we met back at the water cooler. I was a little nervous when he told us to drink the water out of the cooler. He then assured us that it had been purified. We drank and we were fine. We then headed over for the zip lines. They were awesome! That was so much fun. We zipped down a small one at first and then a medium one and then a really tall one. This was my favorite . After the zip line we walked down into the cavern for the Mayan purification. TIP: Bring some dollar bills for tips. There was a box labeled tips in this cavern. Afterwards we walked back up to the water cooler and drank some more. We went and got our bathing suits and got ready to snorkel. First we had to take a shower though. They don't allow sunscreen or bug spray to be on you before you get in the cenote. The water was ummmm...refreshing (COLD). LOL (TIP: Bring water shoes, the path is bumpy.) We then walked down to the cenote to snorkle. The water was a refreshing 55 degrees!!! Once I finally got in the water it was fine and didn't feel as cold. It was amazing how clear the water was. I saw some catfish swimming with us and alot of little fish. After we snorkeled in this cenote he took us to another place to snorkel. It was more in the sun. There were bigger fish here and I liked snorkeling here better. We then walked back up to the showers and got dressed. We headed over for lunch. The Mayan ladies were preparing our meal as we watched. There was fresh fruits and empenadas and quesadillas. The food was wonderful! The drinks were good too. (TIP:They also have tip jars at this location.) During this whole excursion they have a photographer that walks around with you and takes your picture. After lunch we went back to the concrete hut and looked on the computer at all of our pictures. You have the option to buy single pictures, buy the disc with all the pictures, or buy a disc with your favorite pictures. We went back to the lockers and retrieved our things and loaded on the tour bus. He took us back to the pier and told us to meet him at Carlos and Charleys and he would give us our tickets to get back on the tender boat. We played at the beach in front of Carlos and Charleys for about 5 minutes. The beach was so clean and the water so blue. Over all I would definately recommend this excursion to anyone.

You are very welcome. Overall I was impressed with the excursion. I hope you get to go on it. When we went it was overcast and sprinkling so it was not as hot as it would have been. That was just fine by us. LOL We went around the tropical storm during our trip but I really didn't notice it much. Hopefully Hurricane Dean wont effect you. Have fun on your cruise!

I want to say that it was 15.00 a picture. I am not positive though. I think that the disk with all the pictures was 49.99. We did take our camera and took our own pictures too. I cant' remember the name of the place we went or the name of the tour place. It was something like advenTOURS. Sorry

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

How was the excursion? My niece and I have already bought our excursion for the adventure park zipline and snorkle combo. Thanks for the help

Archived