Hairdryer

Emptynesters38

We're traveling southbound on the Celebrity Summit 9/3/04. We are staying on the concierge floor. Anybody know if the hairdryers in the room are good? I read one review that they were terrible. Can I bring my own and it will be adaptable to the ships outlet?

Thanks,

Emptynesters38

Yes, you should have no problem bringing your own hair dryer. I haven't been on Celebrity yet....but it wasn't a problem on Carnival, Princess and Royal Caribbean. So I'm sure it would not be an issue on Celebrity. You might want to bring along an extension cord...being as most of the cabins only have one outlet...and sometimes the cord might not reach the mirror.

Also I want to mention that there is no outlet (except for mens electric razors) in the bathroom. At least that was the way it has been on all the ships I've been on.

Have a great Cruise!

CaribbeanCrazy

DH and myself did not have a problem with the dryers provided. They seemed more than adequate but the ship was fairly new at that time. If you have very thick hair you may want to bring your own but outlets are limited. No adaptors were necessary.

I did last week and I'm glad I did. Yes, there is only one outlet, ours had two receptacles on it (should I turn that statement around?), but it is right at the vanity where you have a mirror and can sit to dry your hair. I did use the bathroom dryer a couple times, it was awkward to hold and got very hot, you had to wrap a washcloth around it. If you have very fast drying/short hair, you may be fine with the bathroom dryer.

You know your hair drying needs the best. Out of the 7 cabins in our group, some were fine with it and some were unhappy and wished they had an alternative. I do have to say I'm grateful the dryer was in the bathroom, it came in handy for drying a pair of socks the last night.

The extra hair dryers provided in the Concierge Class cabins are pretty good. They are standard salon-type blowdryers, fairly high-wattage - MUCH better than the "standard" ones in the bathroom. I have shoulder-length, thick hair, and the standard hair dryer in the bathroom doesn't work well for me, but the extra one provided in Concierge Class worked just fine.

Lisa

Archived