Any Brides Get Hitched on Carnival Mex. Riviera Cruise?

Hey There Fellow Memebers,

I was trying to get some info from any brides that have been married on the Carnival 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise out of Long Beach. I posted another thread asking if anyone had specifically gotten married on the Pride, but I realized that they are constantly repositioning ships, and the Pride might be on another route by that time.

I've noticed that most brides get married in the Carribbean, but due to our financial situation, we would like to take a cruise that people wouldn't have to pay airfare on top of cruise fare as well- we actually live in Long Beach. I know everyone is so helpful here. We're paying for this ourselves, so every little bit saved is great! I know that we really wanted to do the cruise, but I'm just a little nervous, since there really isn't too much posted info regarding this particular itinerary. I was just curious as to some details, such as rooms where the ceremonies are performed, times etc. All your help is greatly appreciated! And to all you fellow members out there- let me know if you have any Long Beach questions and I'll try to give you an insiders persective!

Thanking you in advance,

Hollie

Hi Hollie,

I'm getting married on a Mex Riviera cruise as well - but it's on the Golden out of San Pedro.

Unfortunately I can't help you with the itinerary or the ship as I've never cruised before! Sorry!

Any chance you could give me some info on San Pedro? We're staying at the Crowne in January for a few nights before the cruise. Anything I should know?

Thanks!

Ann

perhaps you could try posting a thread on the carnival board. I am sure you could at least get information on the itinerary there. There are usually a lot of people online on those boards

We are getting married in the caribean's ... but the mexican riviera sounds really nice too but for us living in Canada it was not as convenient

good luck!

Hi Hollie

I am cruising the Mexican Riviera on the Pride this January. My husband and I had considered renewing our vows on the ship and we did some investigating ... They have a nice chapel on board (I believe it holds up to 40 people) or if you so choose, a piano lounge (if you wanted a pianist for the ceremony it would have to be held there) ...

As far as I know, the only itinerary for this ship is the Mexican Riviera (Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, and Cabo San Lucas). If you need information on these ports, you can look under Ports of Call on the board. They have SO much information, and you can ask just about anything ... I have found everyone to be very helpful.

If you want to see photos of the wedding chapel, go directly to the Carnival Website ... They have virtual tours of the chapel shown on the Spirit, and the Legend (it's the same chapel as the Pride).

Good luck and happy planning !!

Jackie

event.png

115975903073498.gif

By the way,

We are driving in from Vegas for our cruise ... We will have to park somewhere near the cruiseship. Any ideas on where we can park the week we are away ? Figured you might know since you are from the area :p ...

Jackie

event.png

115975903073498.gif

Hi Hollie,

Just got back from my daughters wedding/ cruise on the carnival Elation out of San Diego 7-14-07. I thought it was GREAT. You pay for your cruise first, then you call and book the wedding separetly. She and I planned the whole thing in 5 months. The room depends on your guest list numbers. They were married in the Romeo & Juliet lounge at 1:00 and the reception was in the Duke's Piano Bar at 1:30 (we got the pianist for them). There were about 35 people and 16 of them stayed on for the cruise, the rest disembarked before we set sail. We had a videographer (extra) and photos were terrific many to choose from. A wedding planner, Janet, met us there at about 10:30 in the morning and she handled most anything including the favors we brought along, we did not board until customs allowed, which was about noon. The flowers included in the package were beautiful and REAL, and we made all of the other flowers (SILK)for the attendants and mothers and father of the bride and brought them with. The minister, Mike, was a wonderful blessing, and we were very lucky, having never met him before, we could not have chosen a better officient. Since my daughter lives in CA. and most of the family and I live in KC, we planned it all long distance via internet and phone and it worked out well, we had a great time. I highly recommend it. We booked a category 11 suite (balcony) for them, it is well worth the extra money on that ship especially!! Some of the regular cabins are in desperate need of attention to the drawers and cabinets!! On the newer ships, you should be fine with any cabin. Hope this info helps!

Thanks for all the info!! I was starting to get a little worried as far as this particular cruise to get married. My boyfriend and I don't have a date set yet, but we know we definitely want to do it the cruise way.

Ann- as far as San Pedro, I've only sailed out of there once on Royal for a 3 day. Congrats by the way! The only advice I can give you is it's safer than it looks! The parking is convenient there at the port. It's a very industrial area, more so than Long Beach. I hope you have a great time!!

SenoraFrog- thanks for the in depth location info. This is what I was most concerned about- I wasn't sure if I was stuck in the disco and that was my only choice! I'm not sure about how many people might be coming yet, you know everyone is gung-ho at the beginning, but then you slowly have the dop-outs coming out of the woodwork. I am anxious to see the Chapel!

Clayswife- they have a parking structure right across the way from the port- very safe. In fact the port of Long Beach and Downtown is very safe. It's a touristy area, and the police presence is noticeable, but you never get the vibe that you're in a shady part of town. I think parking is like 12 or 15 dollars a day. They also have hotels in the area that have special cruise packages where you can leave your car there for the week and have the hotel shuttle take you to/from the port. When you guys come down, we should go out to dinner and show you the town!!

Any other questions, I'll be happy to help if I can!!

Thanks again!

Hollie

So we've set a date, October 25, 2009. I know it's a little far out, but my family is big on vacations, and they already have theirs planned for next year. I figure the more time I can give for advanced notice, the better. Since it will be on Carnivals new ship- the Splendor, I won't have any info until it starts sailing in Jully '08. But from the description on Carnival, it's going to be great! Thanks everyone!

Hollie

Archived