Our 1st Balcony - how did we do?

stunned

I just received stateroom assignment for balcony guarantee. How do I find out if I did good on the gamble of a guarantee? Glory - room 7393.

I'm just curious, we will be happy with any room - our first balcony.

Your cabin will be on Empress deck towards the aft but not all the way back. The elevators and stairs are just down the hall from you. There are passenger cabin decks above and below you. I would say that is an excellent location. The link below is to Carnival's website where you can see for yourself.

http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=GL

Are you sure. It has a star.... * = "Twin beds do not convert to a king-size bed"

That is incorrect. The "star" means that the cabin has a sofa as well as the two twin beds that can be moved together. I am going to go out on a limb and 100% gaurantee you that your beds will already be together when you arrive.

We have that same cabin booked next year for our sons and their friend. We were on the Upper deck this year on the Glory and could hear the noise from the clubs below. We booked as soon as we got back so we could all get on the Empress deck this year. We managed to get the corner aft again.....can't wait!

We did our first balcony on the Legend in May and LOVED IT!!! Looking at a balcony for our next cruise too. It was so nice, get out of bed, walk out onto the balcony and enjoy the view. You will love it!!

Matt

Great location, especially if you are assigned to the Platinum Dining Rm. Take elevator and it lets you out at the door at the front of the line. Plus up 2 decks to the Lido food area.

MikeM

AP

We just returned from the Liberty last week. We were in cabin 1043 which is a balcony cabin. It was nice and quiet. Not many cabins on the Panorama deck. The even side cabins got better views in port than our side did, so cabin 1030 should have nice views when you're stopped.

It was a little inconvenient for us to always have to walk down to either Lido or Promenade deck to get to the back of the ship. We were in the Silver dining room which was at the back of the ship. Only the front and glass elevators go to deck 10. The middle elevators go there too, but you end up at the Supper Club.

Next time I would like to stay in a cabin on the Lido deck. That seemed the best of both worlds. All elevators go to deck 9 and there aren't too many cabins.

Archived