Towels in the rooms

Summerlin

From looking at the photos posted on this site, the towels in the staterooms look like the same towels we had on the Century last year after their "revitalization." We found them to be overly saturated with fabric softener, and, thus, very hard to actually dry off with after a shower.

We would literally bring towels to our room from the spa area, as these were much better at drying off.

Can anyone comment on the towels in their rooms on the Journey? Did they actually dry you off? This may sound silly, but just one look at the photos of the towels reminded us of how uncomfortable we were last summer when we couldn't properly towel dry?

Thanks in advance for those interested in replying. We're on next week's Journey, 7/28, the week of Cup Match in Bermuda.

Keith and Daniella, Las Vegas

Not at all silly. It would be very uncomfortable to try and dry off using a T-shirt and if these towels give you this same experience, then I would be looking around for a towel that actually does what it is supposed to do. Maybe the towels just look similar but will be OK.

Carol

Not at all silly. It would be very uncomfortable to try and dry off using a T-shirt and if these towels give you this same experience, then I would be looking around for a towel that actually does what it is supposed to do. Maybe the towels just look similar but will be OK.

Carol

I sailed on 6/23 and I found the towels to be fine. Never had a problem drying off. I think you will be ok with them:) have a great cruise you will love the Journey!!

. . . I know of what she speaks. My mother had these cotton terry towels that just would not get you dry. All you did was move the moisture around on your skin. We thought she had bought them on the cheap. Only later, after we inherited them from her, did we find out that it was due to the fabric softener. Sorry, mom.

So let's not be too quick to judge.

Thanks to all those who gave their 2 cents worth regarding the towels after their cruise. Maybe they just use too much fabric softener on Century in the Baltic Sea?

I know this is not a very important thread, but honestly, after I rolled around in LOL moments reading the earth-shattering threads about the "teak chairs," I figured that there are people out there interested in this stuff. :cool:

Archived