NYC Post-Cruise

NJcruiser419

My wife and I will be cruising the week of Aug 6th. Our ship arrives back in NY on the 11th. Our itinerary says we will be arriving at 8am, but from the posts I've read here it takes about 2 hours after arrival to disembark and I am fine with that. But being from NJ and since we are driving to the pier we figured since we are already there we could make a day trip out of it. We are going to go to lunch then take in some of the sights. (Times Sq., Ground Zero, etc.).

OK. Now my question. Will I be allowed to leave my car at the pier while in the city or must I get it before leaving the terminal?

If I have to get my car before leaving the terminal can anyone recommend a good place to park. It can be near the terminal or wherever is close. We have never been to Manhattan before so I don't know about the abundance of garages or lack thereof. We plan on parking once and then using public transportation and walking. We have no set schedule. We are going to take our time and see what we can see. Just relax.

Sorry about the lengthy inquiry, but I just want to be clear on my intentions so that I might recieve acurate advice. Any suggestions or opinions would be helpful.

If I have to get my car before leaving the terminal can anyone recommend a good place to park.

Try the Edison ParkFast garage in Manhattan Plaza. The entrance is on W. 42nd Street between 9th and 10th Avenues. It's self-parking, so you can leave your luggage in the trunk knowing that no one will have access to it. Then you're only 1 1/2 blocks to the 8th Avenue subway

When we've returned to New York, we haven't been allowed to take our luggage up the escalator to the parking area - one of us goes to get the car and then meets the other (with kids and luggage) at the pick-up area. Unless you're travelling fairly light, they may not allow you to load the car and leave it parked.

Archived