On Board Extras Offered by Costa

mightytraveler

I'm a little confused by the on board extras offered by Costa. We are sailing next week on the Mediterranea and I wanted to buy a drink package. I have seen the X1 package referenced on these boards but cannot find any info about it on Costa's website. They feature either a Red Wine package, a White wine package or a Bubbles package. When I select any of these choices, I am presented with a list of the wines available but no info on any package. Can anyone help?:)

When I enquired this is the reply I had from Costa in the UK

"The X1 drinks package consists of unlimited beer, wine and soft drinks by the glass during lunch and dinner time only."

Regards

I'm a little confused by the on board extras offered by Costa. We are sailing next week on the Mediterranea and I wanted to buy a drink package. I have seen the X1 package referenced on these boards but cannot find any info about it on Costa's website. They feature either a Red Wine package, a White wine package or a Bubbles package. When I select any of these choices, I am presented with a list of the wines available but no info on any package. Can anyone help?:)

I think that you will find the wine packages are sold on the dock prior to boarding they are also sold on the ship in the dinning room.Its a great ship as are all the Costa ships Have a great time here in Europe:)

If you do a search of the board you will find volumes of information on the X-1 package. You need to order this in advance through your travel agent, if that is how you booked your cruise, or through Costa if you booked directly. The cost for unlimited wine, beer, water and soft drinks in the dining rooms and buffets during meal times is approximately $11.70 per day, if I remember correctly. This package is not listed on their web site - seems to be word of mouth only for some reason.

Just booked another Costa cruise (or 3rd!) and got the X1 - price went up to around $14/day, but this is for 11 day cruise out of Rome, Italy so it may be different over there - still glad to get it!

Here's what I wrote after our Feb. 2007 cruise:

X1 Drink Package: Can only be ordered thru travel agent or Costa at least 14 days in advance – it’s under “special services” as the X1 individual beverage package – comes out to $11.40 per person per day and includes soda, mineral water (natural and sparkling), red wine, white wine, and beer – all by the glass during lunch and dinner only. Must be paid for with a credit card at time of ordering. Your cabin card will say x1 on it. All staff that we dealt with knew X1 - wine & beer + sparkling water at dinner saved us a ton! Once, we had 2 sodas at the pool bar during lunchtime and were charged the full price of $5.75 ($2.50 per can + tip) - (yes, they gave us a glass of ice and a can of soda) - I checked our folio account on the TV each night and saw that we were charged for the soda and was going to say something, but forgot and when I checked the next night, it had been removed. We used the x1 at any pool side bar or restaurant from 11:30am - 2:30 (lunchtime) and again from 7:30pm til at least 10:00 many nights. Our seating was at 8:30, but we’d stop at the pool bar to get a drink before – no problem. At dinner, our waiters kept a bottle of each handy and just kept refilling! No problems in getting served, again and again! White wine was chardonnay - I'm sure not the best but was just fine. Can't use it in the lounges or the theater.

Just back from Costa Med. X1 drinks package booked by telephone one week in advance. It worked a treat. Beer, Wine, soft drinks and bottled mineral water. The wine wasn't the best but served in a plastic beaker on the pool deck would even the best wine taste good! It was fine for a late lunch drink but I had the wine package for our evening meals.

Archived