Miami embassy suites good for both pre/post?

honeydog714

Due to our FF mile black outs we need to spend the night after our cruise in december too. I booked the embassy suites miami airport for pre as it has a nice package that includes shuttle breakfast and a room big enough that my 14 year old won't make me crazy after flying. Now though I am thinking maybe I should change the post cruise to something other than an airport hotel, we have the whole day (we are in a suite so we can disembark when we wish) never been to miami, for 220.00 a night I am wondering if I should switch to somewhere else even if it is a bit more just to experience something else than an airport hotel. By the way it is 12/30 on the way home and 12/20 on the way out. thanks Blake

My wife and I have always stayed at the Airport Embassy when we would cruise out of Miami. That was until last year when we witnessed a shooting under the driveway overhang. Apparantly there is an underage club that is located on the other side of the hotel lobby. We were in the wrong place at the wrong time. It was about 1 am (our flight was late coming in) and the club was closing so the lobby and driveway was filled with about 100 or more 18 to 20 year olds. Well gun fire rang out and my wife and I hit the floor. Very scary. Needless to say, we will never stay there again. Lucky for us we where on the Explorer the next day so we only stayed one night. Good luck if you decide to stay there.

Archived