Gatsby's Garden on Miracle - Electrical Outlets?

Leo Jay

Does anyone know if there are electrical outlets for passengers' use along the walls in Gatsby's Garden or any of the other lounges? Might be nice to be able to use the laptop there without worrying about running out of power...

It has been my experience that the vast majority of outlets outside the cabins are European. A real PITA for wireless laptop use.

Why is it a PITA? My laptop, and most laptops for that matter are dual-voltage. Just read the brick on the power cord. If it says 120-240 vac, you are good to go. You just need the plug converter which is cheap and available at any Walmart. It is a standard item in my laptop bag.

Yes, even if the plugs are European voltage and form factor, all you need is a plug adaptor. Laptops (and indeed anything with a voltage converter) will detect and adjust to the proper voltage. One caveat, though, is that on Miracle I don't think they have wifi in Gatsby's Garden. It's only available in certain areas of the ship. Only Valor, Liberty, Freedom and Splendor have shipwide wifi.

It has been my experience that the vast majority of outlets outside the cabins are European. A real PITA for wireless laptop use.

Huh? PITAs aren't European... you must mean a BRIOCHE or something...?

:p

Anywhoo -- I can get an adapter if someone lets me know where the outlets are... thanks! Would be nice to use the laptop while sitting at a table next to one of those portholes...

One caveat, though, is that on Miracle I don't think they have wifi in Gatsby's Garden. It's only available in certain areas of the ship. Only Valor, Liberty, Freedom and Splendor have shipwide wifi.

Thanks for the tip, but I was thinking primarily of using the laptop for other work. Wouldn't even need to plug it in if I were using wi-fi, because I'd be on and off that sucker in 10 minutes tops!

I suppose if nothing else, I could probably buy a suitable adaptor on board. I'm always surprised how affordably priced the gift shops are, all things considered. They could really gouge you if they wanted to. Because the prices are so reasonable, more than once I almost convinced myself to buy hats, swimtrunks, sunglasses, etc. that I didn't really need.

:)

Why is it a PITA? My laptop, and most laptops for that matter are dual-voltage. Just read the brick on the power cord. If it says 120-240 vac, you are good to go. You just need the plug converter which is cheap and available at any Walmart. It is a standard item in my laptop bag.

Well it's a PITA if you are in the middle of the ocean without the right plug converter. ;)

Does anyone know if there are electrical outlets for passengers' use along the walls in Gatsby's Garden or any of the other lounges? Might be nice to be able to use the laptop there without worrying about running out of power...

I heard you can plug in your laptop at the internet cafe.

Archived