Seine River Cruise - day or night?

We are a family of 4 with 2 young teens. We will be having a few days post cruise in Paris during mid-September and plan to purchase the HOHO bus ticket that combines with a Seine River cruise. Do you advise us to take the river cruise in day or night time.What times does this actually run?

Thank you.

Jennie

We are a family of 4 with 2 young teens. We will be having a few days post cruise in Paris during mid-September and plan to purchase the HOHO bus ticket that combines with a Seine River cruise. Do you advise us to take the river cruise in day or night time.What times does this actually run?

Thank you.

Jennie

I have done both times and they are both really nice( I like the daytime I guess as you can see more,but the lights are nice...see what I mean),but I would do what fits in your schedule the best. You really could do both if you wanted as they do not cost that much.Not sure of the times,but they run fairly late.Have a great visit to Paris..one of my favorite cities..hopefully I am headed there in Nov.this year.

We did it late so as we were cruising we saw the Eiffel Tower light up which happens at 10 pm.:)

Thank you.

Jennie

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings Jennie from a fellow Australian!

We are also a family of 4 with 2 daughters aged 11 and 14 and we will also be spending a few days in Paris in Sept (24-26th) prior to our first ever cruise from Barcelona ( Voyager of the Seas 7 day Med cruise). I was also initially thinking about doing the HOHO tour but after doing some more research I have changed my mind. Reasons - most of the sights I want to see are within walking distance of our hotel near the Louvre so weather permitting I am planning to walk and soak up the Parisian atmosphere. Only to go to Sacre Coeur we will need to use the metro. Also if you read the trip-advisor forum on HOHO Paris ( just google Tripadvisor Paris hop on hop off bus tour) you will see lots of people have mentioned difficulties with getting struck in traffic and hours of operation. As an alternative you may want to consider using metro and maybe a batobus ticket ( all day or 2 day HOHO on Seine) or taking an evening Seine cruise on Bateaux Mouche or Parisienne for about 8-9 Euros( which is what we are planning to do). Anyway just some ideas to consider. Hope you have a great trip - I'm so excited about ours!! Cheers from Gosford:) :) , Susmita.

Thank you.

Jennie

Jennie,

Check this web site, it tells you the schedule: http://www.bateaux-mouches.fr/horaires/

Greetings Jennie from a fellow Australian!

Also if you read the trip-advisor forum on HOHO Paris ( just google Tripadvisor Paris hop on hop off bus tour) you will see lots of people have mentioned difficulties with getting struck in traffic and hours of operation. As an alternative you may want to consider using metro and maybe a batobus ticket ( all day or 2 day HOHO on Seine) or taking an evening Seine cruise on Bateaux Mouche or Parisienne for about 8-9 Euros( which is what we are planning to do). Anyway just some ideas to consider. Hope you have a great trip - I'm so excited about ours!! Cheers from Gosford:) :) , Susmita.

Hello Susmita - :D - Was looking for info on night cruising in Paris and came upon you post - will definalty look into the Bateaux Mouche or Parisienne for our night time cruise - hadn't heard of them before reading your post - thanks

Not long now :) :)

Marg

Archived