WiFi on Sovereign?

I have the choice of bringing my laptop with me, or leaving it in our parked car at the port, so I think I'm gonna bring it along. Does anyone know the cost for WiFi service on a 4 night cruise? We will be traveliing at a time when I will need to access the internet for various reasons. I know I can buy time in the internet cafe, but why bother if I have my own computer with me?

I have the choice of bringing my laptop with me, or leaving it in our parked car at the port, so I think I'm gonna bring it along. Does anyone know the cost for WiFi service on a 4 night cruise? We will be traveliing at a time when I will need to access the internet for various reasons. I know I can buy time in the internet cafe, but why bother if I have my own computer with me?

You will still have to buy time even with your own pc. I just got off of Rhapsdy. Normally, I don't take a pc, but since this was a family anniversary cruise I needed to have it to collect the family digital pics into one location in order to quickly complete a 'scapbook' for the open house celebration in two weeks.

COST is the same as going to the RC Online location at $0.50 per minute. You have the option of purchasing time packages by the hour and can get that cost down to just under $0.40 per minute. I believe I spent $54 on computer time.

The other ISSUE that I had is the connection is horrible. I travel quite a bit for my vocation so I do know how to handle getting wiFi access and getting online. It was horrible! You either connected quickly OR had to do reboot, etc. to get through. I could always connect to the wiFi system, but the user name and password would hang up at least half of the time.

That said, it was fun to do a live report even with the headaches. I probably will not pack a laptop unless I am in similar circumstances for family event needs.

Lastly, perhaps it was just an issue with Rhapsody. :D ...OR maybe with me.

Best Regards

Thanks for the info. I knew I'd have to pay, but didn't realize it was the same as the internet cafe. I just don't feel safe leaving my laptop in our van, in the parking lot, and I will have it with me from a long driving trip.

Archived