RCCL New Smoking Policy Discussion (merged)

Its only likely with heavy smokers in cabin

Captain Jake, do you mean that only smokers leave behind "that filthy, disgusting stuff" on the mattress, comforter, etc.? If so, then you non smokers don't know what you're missing! :) Try it...it might relieve some of this hostility and tension you seem to have to display! :)

Mine was tested before we bought it.We are getting ready to go to a bar that going smoke free 1 year before the new law goes in effect.HOOORAY!

Undoubtedly to toxify your liver with alcohol, which is SOOOOO much better than my smoke in your lungs after I had a cigarette 6 days before you took over the cabin I occupied....:rolleyes:

:eek: I was just looking at RCCL web site for a September cruise...the price listed for a Deluxe Stateroom Guarantee (including airfare from Phoenix) is...are you ready for this....$100,703.00 !!!!! Yikes!

We were going to treat our son (who lives in Phoenix) to a cruise for his 30th birthday...but.... then again, maybe not!

;)

Found this on another thread... Sticker Shock!! :eek:

And someone here said Azamara was 'spensive!! :p :p

This is like a Soap Opera. we have to give it a name........................

WILL IT BE............

AS THE WORLD TURNS

ONE LIFE TO LIVE

ANOTHER WORLD

GUIDING LIGHT

PASSIONS

THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL

OR

ALL MY CHILDREN

Hmm, I vote DAYS OF OUR LIVES....that EJ (while a jerk) is HOT!!!;)

If everyone took the moronic approach of, "You have no right to complain if you drive a car yourself," where would we be?

I guess I'm a moron for suggesting that non-smokers put their actions where their mouths are and set the example when it comes to health risks. Amazing how non-smokers feel that because it is part of the norm, it is ok for them to drive and pollute our air. On the other hand, they complain about smokers. Which is it, a self-served agenda or genuine concern of health risks to everyone worldwide? If they have a genuine concern about health risks, then stop it all...start walking...set the example. Admit it, our self-served lives have nothing to do with clean air and a healthy life on Planet Earth. Its all about convenience and instant gratification. I want it my way and you want it your way. Compromise, not hypocrisy, is the name of the game.

BTW, if we took the moronic approach, as you put it, non-smokers would be walking everywhere, living up to their words of a healthy life, and setting the example...but of course we'll never see this because non-smokers have a so-called legitimate excuse for polluting our air....they blame the automakers. Just like the anti-gun coalition blames the gun and not the shooter. Go figure.

Fausto

Undoubtedly to toxify your liver with alcohol, which is SOOOOO much better than my smoke in your lungs after I had a cigarette 6 days before you took over the cabin I occupied....:rolleyes:

Actually the good doctor told me on my recent visit that a couple of drinks a day are fine even healthy but I could stand to lose 10 pounds.So I guess i might have to pick up drinking a bit to hit that 2 drink average.Of course I might have to visit the gym 4 times a week instead of 3:eek:

Oh dear a smoker with attitude ! :eek:

How does that theory go? Every action will be confronted with an equal and opposite REaction? Guess I do have an attitude, but wouldn't you if you were continuously "flamed" by the same posters again and again when ALL you were seeking was COMPROMISE and not "do everything MY way"?? Perhaps you should read my earlier posts on this thread and THEN judge my "attitude".:rolleyes:

Captain Jake, do you mean that only smokers leave behind "that filthy, disgusting stuff" on the mattress, comforter, etc.? If so, then you non smokers don't know what you're missing! :) Try it...it might relieve some of this hostility and tension you seem to have to display! :)

No tension here,I've found this thread a great deal of fun.Its been a good follow up to the movie 'Thank You for not Smoking' .Lots of laughs,like this thread

How does that theory go? Every action will be confronted with an equal and opposite REaction? Guess I do have an attitude, but wouldn't you if you were continuously "flamed" by the same posters again and again when ALL you were seeking was COMPROMISE and not "do everything MY way"?? Perhaps you should read my earlier posts on this thread and THEN judge my "attitude".:rolleyes:

I have read them ,same conclusion ! :(

Its only likely with heavy smokers in cabin

Now I don't care WHO you are, THAT'S funny right there!:rolleyes: So now you're saying that only heavy smokers do the nasty in cruise ship cabins? Good grief!:D

I'm gonna go research which AFT balconies are open for my 2009 cruise.....whilst I enjoy a nice smoke....:)

as long as the minority are not violating the rights of the majority - eg, to not have to inhale second hand smoke.

honestly, though. Have any of you smokers heard about the Surgeon General's report on smoking?? FROM THE NINETEEN SIXTIES???

And for the guy who says that non-smokers should stop driving cars?? Not a good analogy. Why? Because we need vehicles to get to work, to the store, etc, etc. You don't NEED to smoke. For any reason. I'm all for emissions tests, lower emissions, hell, I'm all for clean cars.

But I'll never agree that because I drive a car then it gives fools the right to pollute MY air in a public place with their smoking.

I honestly can't understand, knowing what we know, that people with brains actually willingly take up smoking in the first place.

And then cop attitude about how they're not allowed to kill the rest of us too.

It's quite beyond belief.

" the rights of the majority" almost like an african-american not being able to eat in a restaurant.

Oh my, I'm the ONLY one on this thread to make a typo or two....:eek:

Now THERE'S maturity for ya....:rolleyes:

Tanya, relax. That's not what he was saying. He was doing a takeoff on the old Rolaids commercial: How do you spell relief? R-O-L-A-I-D-S.

He was calling you a hypocrite, not a bad speller or typist.

:cool:

Actually, if people want to quibble over the "best" place to put us smokers so as to not offend the non smokers, the AFT BALCONIES would certainly be it! That way all our nasty, filthy, disgusting smoke would just whiff on out over the beautiful wake we'd all be admiring!;)

Honestly, I suggested the rear 1/3 be restricted to smoking cabins only simply for that reason. It's FACT that when a ship moves forward, odors, breeze, smoke, etc. move backward, so why not put all the nons on the forward balconies and save the best for us smokers who are being forced to smoke on our balconies rather than in our own room where there's noone there to inhale our smoke but us! Makes the most sense to me, but no matter how many times I tried to say it in the beginning of this thread, I was the one "flamed". Heaven forbid the nons have to give up their coveted aft balconies just because I have a vice that's bothersome/dangerous/harmful/annoying to them...:rolleyes:

But honestly its quite selfish of you to demand the aft balconies due to your habit?You come accross as being quite self centered

I'M self centered because I suggested making the smoking balconies in the rear of the ship so the wind can take the smoke AWAY from other balconies in which the NONsmokers can enjoy??? :eek: Geez, where else would you rather have me, in the balcony just forward of yours so my smoke, that now HAS to be on my balcony, can drift right into YOUR balcony that you'll no longer be able to enjoy? Or better yet, maybe we should just leave ALL the balcony cabins NONsmoking so that you won't have anything else to complain about! Sheesh....all for compromise, aren't ya? :rolleyes: Fine. I'll take the forward balcony, I, personally don't give a rip. I've never even booked an aft balony before. In fact, I had the furthest balcony on the port SIDE at the aft on my last cruise, which, btw, was the first balcony I'd ever even had! Sounds to me like you don't think the smokers should have ANY balconies, because by golly, THAT is the one place we CAN enjoy our smokes! Now tell me, which one of us is self centered here?:confused:

And here I thought personal attacks were against the rules of CC....I suggest a GOOD compromise and and called "self centered"....yea, I had THAT coming...NOT!:mad:

Now I don't care WHO you are, THAT'S funny right there!:rolleyes: So now you're saying that only heavy smokers do the nasty in cruise ship cabins? Good grief!:D

I'm gonna go research which AFT balconies are open for my 2009 cruise.....whilst I enjoy a nice smoke....:) [

The average person who dies from smoking, it is estimated, loses an astounding 20 or 25 years of life-expectancy.

Amazing. I have an uncle 91 years old who still smOkes till this day. If he didn't he would live to be 111-116, WOW, i better go tell him to give it UP!

You know why you can't do animal testing with smoking? Because you can't get even a dumb animal to smoke!! yet, we have cruisers who do it by the thousands!

I HAVE SEEN MONKEYS SMOKE. ARE THEY NOT ANIMALS?

And yet these people, these bellowing nincompoops, cop attitude about how they're not allowed to kill the rest of us too?

yeah, try again.

It's quite beyond belief.

Archived