FYI: Proof of 'Passport In Process' OK for Certain Air Destinations

Leo Jay

Sorry if this is already general knowledge -- just noticed it for the first time today...

U.S. citizens traveling by air to the following destinations must follow these instructions for proof that a passport application has been received by the Department of State and is still being processed as part of the recently announced Temporary Travel Flexibility for U.S. Citizens with Pending Passport Applications:

Canada,

Mexico,

Bermuda, or

the Caribbean.

You must keep a printout of your passport application status for departure from the U.S. and for re-entry into the U.S. Some countries included above may still require a passport or other additional documentation. Please see the Consular Information Sheet on the country you are traveling to for more information.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/status/status_2567.html

Ok, I guess that's not terribly exciting news for anyone :p :)

But I also noticed yesterday, as someone else recently mentioned on another thread, that on the passport status website, there's now an option to have application status updates emailed to you! I won't guess how accurate or efficient the service is, but it's worth a try...

Now, c'mon, some of you must find that at least a little exciting... right?

:D

But I also noticed yesterday, as someone else recently mentioned on another thread, that on the passport status website, there's now an option to have application status updates emailed to you! I won't guess how accurate or efficient the service is, but it's worth a try...

Leo Jay... this is pretty old news :o That is probably why there have been no replies.. I believe this was first announced in early June...

I believe all the passport threads get moved here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=114

They emailed me yesterday this is what it said

We have finished processing your passport, and it has been mailed to you.

You requested delivery by regular mail. Passport Agencies use Priority Mail. This means you should receive your passport on or about 07/25/2007.

Zippity Doo Da!!

They emailed me yesterday this is what it said

We have finished processing your passport, and it has been mailed to you.

You requested delivery by regular mail. Passport Agencies use Priority Mail. This means you should receive your passport on or about 07/25/2007.

Zippity Doo Da!!

Mine didn't say Zippity Doo Da. :( I'm callin' and complainin'!

Yeah, sorry Leo. I saw it yesterday, but it's really old news. And since it pertains directly to air travel not really that interesting on a cruise board.

Okay I'll give you the email thingie. Eventhough you stole it from another thread. :D

Really old? I'd heard rumors that people could do it, but I'd never heard of or seen an official notice about it -- got the sense it only recently was posted to the State Dept website. Anywhoo...

And, uh, yeah -- I realize it's a cruise board. Lots of people do fly to ports, y'know. :rolleyes: :D

Really old? I'd heard rumors that people could do it, but I'd never heard of or seen an official notice about it -- got the sense it only recently was posted to the State Dept website. Anywhoo...

And, uh, yeah -- I realize it's a cruise board. Lots of people do fly to ports, y'know. :rolleyes: :D

And... um... I posted about the email thing first. I... posted it on this thread yesterday!... A moderator must have deleted it so one of their cronies could get the credit instead. :mad:

It was posted there on June 8th: http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html

If the mods had deleted some of your post, they would have left the "edited by" and reason in... To be honest, I read your thread right after you posted and there was no email info in it... maybe you left it off accidentally?

And... um... I posted about the email thing first. I... posted it on this thread yesterday!... A moderator must have deleted it so one of their cronies could get the credit instead. :mad:

That was supposed to be tongue-in-cheek. I'm not mad (as in 'crazy'/'nuts'/'insane'/'paranoid'.) :D

I'm not really mad as in 'angry', either.

That was supposed to be tongue-in-cheek. I'm not mad (as in 'crazy'/'nuts'/'insane'/'paranoid'.) :D

I'm not really mad as in 'angry', either.

LOL, okay!! I just didn't want you thinking that had happened... no worries, I'm REALLY tired tonight :p (and I mean tired as in really sleepy :p)

My bad, I'd seen a different announcement on the State Department website -- one that made it seem as though it was a very recent official change. Can't find the page now, of course...

:rolleyes:

It's the government... if you weren't confused, they wouldn't be doing their jobs now would they??? :p:D

I expect a handwritten note and apology from Condi Rice herself. No zippity-do-dah required however.

And how long have you been waiting for your passport?? Triple that and you may get a response from Condi...LOL

Archived