Returning a rental car when sailing out of San Pedro

JimandLouise

Hi,

We're going to be sailing out of San Pedro on our cruise, and we'll be having 3 pre-cruise days in LA. All of the car rental places seem to have return branches in Long Beach, but none in San Pedro. I've found Hertz has a place in 'Lomita' which is about 3 miles from San Pedro.

Can any one tell me if this would be a good option, or are there any other options on rental car return? Unfortunatley we're not staying in a San Pedro hotel, so hiring to/from there isn't really an option. Would we be better off dropping the car in Long Beach to get a taxi?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

[color=black][b]Drop in Lomita or Long beach, it isn't much of a cab ride to San Pedro there, maybe the rental place will even give you a lift, maybe not.[/b][/color][quote name='JimandLouise']Hi,

We're going to be sailing out of San Pedro on our cruise, and we'll be having 3 pre-cruise days in LA. All of the car rental places seem to have return branches in Long Beach, but none in San Pedro. I've found Hertz has a place in 'Lomita' which is about 3 miles from San Pedro.

Can any one tell me if this would be a good option, or are there any other options on rental car return? Unfortunatley we're not staying in a San Pedro hotel, so hiring to/from there isn't really an option. Would we be better off dropping the car in Long Beach to get a taxi?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

on Hertz website it said reimburse cab fare up to $10

when I called Hertz long beach city office, they said it is a short ride and yes, they would deduct cab fare from the rental.

i did not know Enterprise has an office at San Pedro. it doesn't show on their website and their website doesn't allow you to pick a different drop off location.

thanks for the info.

Edit : I just checked Enterprize site. Their cheapest economy is the same price as Hertz 2 category up. I got an Intermediate at Hertz, (equivalent to a Mazda 6) for $25ish including tax, with AAA discount. (American Airline discount is just 2 bucks higher). Enterprise rate is 27ish including tax for a Chevy Cavalier.

I am thinking to rent one on the disembarkation day though. It is cheaper and more convenient to drive a rental to LAX vs taking a shuttle.

[quote name='Colo Cruiser']We rented Enterprise at LAX and returned to San Pedro right across the street from the pier. They took us over to the Star.[/QUOTE]

Edit : I found a detailed map. It is the San Pedro location, 310) 548-8060.

will call them to find out if I can rent from that location and return it to LAX.

for a few hours I dont mind to have a Neon. ;-)

Archived