Fort Lauderdale Hotel--Day Rate?

moondoggie

Our post-cruise flight home was just changed, and we will not depart FLL until 5:30 p.m. Any suggestions on nearby hotels with a pool and eating facilities, preferably with an airport shuttle, which can offer us a day rate or health club rate? Thanks!

Great idea, you don't know how many people I see camped out in the airport surrounded by their luggage, unable to check in. The cruise line just dumps everyone at the airport even if your flight is at 7pm! The lines for food are very long!

Anyway, back to your question, here are some hotels to try, not sure if they offer day rate, but they are very close to FLL

Hyatt Pier 66, Marriott Marina, Embassy Suites 17th street

Marriott Marina, you could just have the bellman store your luggage, hang out by the marina/pool, swim, eat and drink. When you are ready to go, take a shower by the pool, change clothes and go to the airport. I don't think you would actually have to rent a room. I work there from time to time with convention groups and have seen people checking their luggage, saying "we're visiting".

Pennstategal

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Moondoggie.......We have the same problem.......our flight in Nov. doesn't leave FLL until after 7 PM....We were able to get a day room at the Ft Lauderdale airport.. our rate was from 10 Am until 4 PM......$65.00. Their shuttle will pick you up and take you back to the airport....I haven't been there yet, but think it will be a great addition to extend our vacation for an extra day.....sit by the pool and relax and contemplate your latest cruise! We checked out many other ways to fill the day but this sounded the most relaxing. I think there is also a free shuttle to get you around Ft Lauderdale.Good luck and enjoy your cruise.....Nightingail.

nightingail,

which airport hotel? our flight doesn't leave until 5:30. We were going to rent a car for afew hours, but a day room sounds much easier. Do they pick you up @ the port when you debark? (debark,correct term?)

June

Holiday Inn Ft Lauderdale airport....2905 Sheridan St...Hollywood Fla. is where we were able to get a day room....The shuttle will pick you up at the Ft Lauderdale airport......We have to take a shuttle from the port of Miami to Ft lauderdale airport and then call the Holiday Inn.....We tried to figure this out for so long and this was the best arrangement we found.......wasn't too interested in trying to find our way around Ft Lauderdale!...And it is better than hauling luggage all day.....The airlines won't let you check in your luggage until 2 or 3 hrs prior to your flight. I have email and phone# if you are interested........Nightingail.

you should try priceline, I got embassy suites for $55, don't pay a lot for a day room.

I don't see how you can use Priceline for a day room. Hotels don't guarantee early check-in on a Priceline or a regular reservation; you may not be able to get into a room until 3 pm. When you arrange for a day room, you generally

have it from 9 or 10 am until about 4 pm. Can you explain how you're using Priceline for a day room?

Thanks,

Susan

• 4 weeks later...

Archived