Question to all Pearl April 2007 Panama Canal Cruisers

Hi everyone. When you were on the Pearl's inaugural East/West transit last April, did NCL have anyone on board who talked you through the transit? My friends took another cruise line through the Canal several years ago. That cruise company had a retired engineer come on the overhead and explain exactly what was happening while they were going through the locks and discussed the Canal's history as well.

How did NCL handle the transit?

Thanks for your replies in advance! :D

Ciao,

W A W W

NCL had somebody from the canal company come on board and talk indepth about everything that was going on.At first it was broadcast over the overhead system and the tv but switched to just the tv about an hour into the transit:)

I know they said there would be someone but maybe that is why I don't recall hearing too much. 2nd time through for us and last time we were front and center frying the whole trip so we just enjoyed the scenery this time.

If you want T shirts be sure to go up to the pool deck early. The line was really long all day. They were a better price if you bought in twos. I was not prepared and had to do some fast thinking once I got to the front of the line. :confused:

I know they said there would be someone but maybe that is why I don't recall hearing too much. 2nd time through for us and last time we were front and center frying the whole trip so we just enjoyed the scenery this time.

If you want T shirts be sure to go up to the pool deck early. The line was really long all day. They were a better price if you bought in twos. I was not prepared and had to do some fast thinking once I got to the front of the line. :confused:

Thanks for responding, but I'm a little confused. Can you clarify what the T shirt reference might be? What tee shirts are you talking about? Are there special shirts that they sell to commemorate the canal transit?

Thanks again.

Ciao,

W A W W

Yes, they have Panama Canal T-shirts, hats, videos that they sell that day up on the pool deck. We had a table nearby and people were in line to buy them most of the day. Very few left at the end of the day.

Yes, they have Panama Canal T-shirts, hats, videos that they sell that day up on the pool deck. We had a table nearby and people were in line to buy them most of the day. Very few left at the end of the day.

Now I get it. I see you have two adorable wee ones in your signature...I have two precious ones too...a 6 year old and her brother, 3 1/2, grandneice and grandnephew. Would I be correct to assume that some of those Canal souveneirs will be appropriate for them too? The 3 1/2 year old LOVES PIRATES...I went to the Pirate Museum in Nassau last year and got some cute things. I'm hoping that Cartegena will have some more "official" pirate booty!

Again...thanks for your comments. One more thing...do those hats they sell include "Panama" hats by chance?

Ciao,

W A W W

Archived