Papeete Resturants

We are booked to travel on the PG cruise departing 13th October and will be spending a few days in Papeete prior to departure. Has anyone a few reccommendations for restaurants to visit. Preferably in the downtown/waterfront area.

We stayed the Intercontinental Beachcomber and ate at their Le Lotus Restaurant. We enjoyed it so much - it's over water and the view faces Moorea - at sunset. We ate there twice. They also have a Seafood Buffet with a Tahitian Dance show that was well worth the price. Pile and Piles of Lobster/Crab....and the show was spectaular. Actually, we enjoyed the 4 days at the hotel as much as the cruise. For an authentic Tahitian experience you can also do the Roulottes on Friday night (they're like catering trucks)

If you get the Travel Channel Anthony Bourdain's show "No Reservations" is doing Tahiti/FP this season. I'm not sure when exactly but the new season starts July 30, 2007.

I hope to get some extra time in FP when we are on the June 25 sailing.

Happy eating!

Caroline

La Squadra Italian and some French food. A fun, funky, and relatively inexpensive, with decent service. Downtown on Passage Cardella (An alley) Three blocks past the Marche and one up from the waterfront, near the Church. Maybe 10-15 minute walk from the ship. Phone 41.32.14

Good online map of downtown at http://www.netfenua.pf/carte.html

List of about every place to eat in near Papeete at http://www.tahiti1.com/food/tahiti-en.htm

J

Hello DownUnder !!!!

I am part of a medium sized group that will be on the very same sailing !!!!!

We have only 76 more days until the ship sails !!!!

We might have some room on some private shore excursions....let me know if you are interested.

We'd love to buy you a drink and hear all about your travels !!!!!:D

Hi Degas,

Yes - it's countdown time and as we are still in the grip of winter down here, it can't come quick enough. We arrive in Papeete on Friday morning at 0615 from Melbourne via Auckland and are booked into "Le Mandarin" hotel for the night prior to sailing, so if you are in town, we could get together for a drink. If not, you can "buy" me a cocktail on board.

Very interested in your offer of inclusion on some of your shore excursions. What trips have you planned ?

Best regards

Downunder (aka Keith)

Archived