My Passport Saga Update

I applied way back on March 19th, right when the rush was starting (alas at the time I had no idea how bad it'd be). Big problem is my son doesn't have a driver's license. I looked into getting him a Texas state ID but found out that requires more red tape than getting a passport, would you believe. So I decided to get the passport to facilitate in getting him that.

At the time the agent fussed because I didn't have adequate documentation, so I signed an witness affidavit. She claimed they still wouldn't like that. Well she was right, about 3 weeks ago I got a letter in the mail requesting more forms of identification. *sigh* I didn't mark the date cause I was too sheepish to post about it, but it was between 14 and 15 weeks IIRC, about the time other people who submitted mid-March were saying they were receiving their passports. Anyhow I photocopied a bunch of crap, school id's, social security card, insurance cards, his birth certificate, and mailed the completed forms back about 3 days later.

A few days ago I noticed the Dept of State's web site had a place where I could enter in an email address. So I did. This morning I found email from the Dept of State saying passport had been mailed. From what people have said on this board, that meant it was probably residing in my mailbox. Went outside to check, and lo and behold, it was.

Total time including 1 glitch -- 18 weeks. Trivial factoid - it is our family's first e-passport.

Archived