Scuba diving

jazzyj40

Can anyone help me out please!!!! I am going on the Valor on 8/19 the western caribbean. My brother wants to go scuba diving does anyone have any suggestions on which port is the best for this, also any tour companies other than Carnival that I can look at. All responds are appreciated. Thanks:)

If Grand Cayman is on the itinerary, consider diving there. It's absolutely spectacular. I would stick with the Carnival excursion there because it wasn't too expensive and tendering is such a pain otherwise.

I vote for Belize if that is one of your ports. Also, watch how long you are in port and how long your dive is. People have been left because they went on a non-ship sponsored dive and got back late. It's often easy to be late on a water tour if they happen to have boat problems.

Every port on this itenerary is great for scuba. We're on the exact cruise next June for that reason.

Grand Cayman has fabulous diving- That's pretty much what it's known for. I know that Divers Down is right in downtown Georgetown and will take cruise shippers. I think Don Fosters will also, ( and I'd personally pick Don Fosters as I've been pretty happy with their customer service ). You could also get a cab to anywhere you wanted to and shore dive. ( Like Sunset house, or Divetech and rent equipment ). There are so many opportunities in GC, it's like Disney- you just can't dive it in a day! :D

Belize has gorgeous diving in the Atolls. I haven't chosen a dive operator yet, though so I'm not as fimiliar.

I canNOT wait to dive Roatan! I'm actually visiting this winter for a week. I think that Anthony's Key would be your best bet- as they offer full service diving and will meet you at the pier. ( I would definately dive Roatan because it's very difficult and expensive to travel to, ( unlike say GC or Cancun ) so it may be a once in a lifetime thing..;)

Lastly, there is lots of diving in Southern Mexico ...I'm sure there are lots of reef opportunities but if it's available, skip them, and go to the Cenotes! The most amazing and different ( and BEAUTIFUL experience ) ..I've been to Casa Cenote, Grand Cenote and Dos Ojos and I'd recommend them all ( but Grand and Dos Ojos were the best... :D ) Have fun!

we just got off the vlor in March, and scuba was great in grand cayman, but nothing I have ever dove compares to Roatan, the water was perfect, although we saw a few water spouts, but 15 mins later on the other side of the island OMG it was awsome crystal clear water clearity at least 200 ft,.... if you only dive in one port make it Roatan, you will love it...

Archived