laundry rooms

gosport11

Supposedly after the "Bermuda Season", a self-serve laundry room will be installed. With an 18 day cruise coming up, I sure hope it's true. While I certainly don't intend to spend my entire cruise doing laundry, it would be nice to do a load or 2 of socks, u.w. and t-shirts.

The R-class ships, as built, had a self serve laundry on Deck 7, forward of the Aft Elevator/Stairwell, approximately opposite cabin 7078.

They are still in place on the 3 Princess and 3 Oceania R-class ships.

hi dont know if this has been covered,are self service ones on board or is it pay with special offers graham:cool: :)

There will also be an area to do self-service laundry on Deck 7 on each ship. Self-service laundry facilities onboard Journeywill not be functional until AFTER the Bermuda season. No prices available yet.

I was speaking to an Azamara rep earlier today and asked again about the self-serve laundry and she said "after Bermuda run" but could not verify that they'd be "up and running" on our Nov 11 cruise....I'll keep my fingers crossed.

She also said location was across from 7076 which is next door to 7078....so somewhere in that general area.

Maybe someone on an upcoming cruise will check it out for us.

I haven't heard anything about this, however, I would think that the guts of the laudramat are still there from the R-ship days. Maybe they are just going to replace the washers/dryers with new machines and re-open it after the Bermuda runs. By the time I return from the Journey repo, it will be too late to post and let you know, but I will try to remember to look for them, and will try to remember to post while on board.:)

By the time I return from the Journey repo, it will be too late to post and let you know, but I will try to remember to look for them, and will try to remember to post while on board.:)

Are you on the Oct 27 sailing or the Nov 11 sailing?

(I have "signatures" turned off so if you have your sailing date in your signature, I apologize for the question).

Are you on the Oct 27 sailing or the Nov 11 sailing?

(I have "signatures" turned off so if you have your sailing date in your signature, I apologize for the question).

Oct 27 Repo - Bayonne to Miami

I was speaking to an Azamara rep earlier today and asked again about the self-serve laundry and she said "after Bermuda run" but could not verify that they'd be "up and running" on our Nov 11 cruise....I'll keep my fingers crossed.

She also said location was across from 7076 which is next door to 7078....so somewhere in that general area.

Maybe someone on an upcoming cruise will check it out for us.

Your rep obviosly has not been on an R ship with a laundry room..it is across from 7078

Jan

There is a blue laundry bag in each room. If you are a C member they will wash the entire contents of the bag for $20 with the coupon in the CC booklet.

Cruisingdelt - we are recent CC members, what is the CC booklet and how do we obtain one??

Marti

There is a blue laundry bag in each room. If you are a C member they will wash the entire contents of the bag for $20 with the coupon in the CC booklet.

Cool !! How big was the bag? Can you get alot in it if you fold everything real tight?

Also, I "heard" you receive free pressing service. Is that true?....and for all cabin categories?

We were on the 7/14 sailing. We were in a catgory 2A stateroom #6075. We did not receive free ironing service. However if I recall correctly, someone from a May sailing said they were offered free ironing service. Here's sample of the fees. $4 to have 1 pair of pants washed and $3 to have a pair of pants ironed.

Archived