Setting luggage out on Final Night

jt58203

Been all around the world in the military for 30 years, and have done a LOT of traveling in the 14 year since I retired. The bags have never been locked and (knock on my head) nothing has ever been missing. Anyone who wants to go through bags has a key to get into the TSA locks, or a clipper to cut the zip ties. I think of it like our car when we lived in Naples IT - if it has a glove compartment, a trunk or it's locked - they'll bust in thinking there is something there. So I bought a Fiat wagon with no trunk, no radio, no hidden compartments, and left it open - no problems :-)

Eventually I'll be a first time cruiser. Just wondering how people feel about setting their luggage out the night before. Do you lock them up, use those plastic tie wrap thingies, or just not worry about it?

Just not worry. Whoever wants my dirty laundry can have it. There is nothing in there I would worry about someone else wanting. All my "good stuff" will be with me on my carryon / carryoff. ;)

Lock 'em ... it's a rough ride from ship to pier - there's a limited amount of time to get a lot of luggage shore side. Once you pick up your luggage at the pier, you can unlock for the airport.

I don't worry about locking so much for security (like I think something's going to be stolen - its only my dirty underwear after all), but just because I've seen how the luggage is handled, and it ain't pretty.

There are so many bags for the crew to handle, and so little time to complete the task. We have done so cruises, and never had a single problem.

So, do not be concern, enjoy your cruise.

I've seen how the luggage is handled, and it ain't pretty.

Amen to that. We were walking down a hallway after embarkation a couple years ago and saw the luggage being tossed from the fork lift cage into the ship. Some of the pieces were travelling a good 15 feet or more in the air before landing.

For any of you who have worked on a farm and baled hay or straw, it was just like that:eek:

Charlie

Archived