Mobile Lodging near port

zcruiser03

We are sailing the Holiday on 12/6 and will be booking a hotel room for the night before. Since this is our first cruise out of this port we need some general opinions of where to stay. Are there any hotels close enough to the pier that offer a shuttle service? Any information would be appreciated.

My friend and I are cruising on the Holiday Nov 13-18 and we made reservations at the Airport Plaza hotel for the day we come back. We got a room with 2 full beds for $65.95. It's a full service hotel and has lots to offer. I have never stayed there but I researched it before I booked. They are about 15 miles from the ship dock(if I recall correctly).

Here is a link to visitor info for Mobile -- this was really helpful to me.!:) http://www.mobile.org/

Las Brisas on the Bay (formerly Ramada) (251) 626-7200 is only a couple of miles from the new dock. (It's also near the USS Alabama battleship & some great restaurants.) They have a shuttle they currently use for airport pickup, but the gentleman I spoke to said they will probably use it for the ships, too, once sailings begin.

Connie

My friend and I are cruising on the Holiday Nov 13-18 and we made reservations at the Airport Plaza hotel for the day we come back. We got a room with 2 full beds for $65.95.]

It's now called the Ashbury Hotel. I just called and verified my reservations and noticed the room pricing was cheaper online and they honored the price--so now the same room is $55.00 instead of $65.95. They also offer a complimentary airport shuttle. It's only about 7-8 miles from the airport and I don't know how far from the dock.

I live near Mobile. There about once a month. I would suggest motel/hotel on the I-65 service road WEST. Lots of places to eat and stay near I-65 and Airport BLVD. Itcan take a long time to get from the Airport to the I-65 and Airport BLVD area. Have a great cruise.

Archived