Does the soda package still include juice?

GREAT idea, Bill.

Thanks, I went and checked the RCCL Website and it states:

Adults' Fountain Soda / Juice Package:
s.gif

This package entitles guests 18 years of age and older to unlimited consumption of fountain sodas (no cans) and juices at all bars and lounges, Windjammer, Main Dining Room and Private Destinations (CocoCay and Labadee®).

This package is available for purchase on the day of embarkation at all bars and lounges and may be charged to your SeaPass account. After this package has been purchased, a sticker will be placed on your boarding card allowing you to consume fountain sodas (no cans) and juices throughout your cruise. A complimentary Coca Cola souvenir cup is included as part of the package.

Juices that are included in this package are orange juice, grapefruit juice, pineapple juice and cranberry juice. Please note that juices are always complimentary at Breakfast.

The cost of the package is $6.00 per person, per day, and is applicable to the total days of the cruise vacation. A 15% gratuity charge will be added.

Please note: The fountain soda and juice package is only available for the total amount of days of the cruise and prices are subject to change without notice.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/experiencetype/experience/home.do;jsessionid=0000zf_f0sCQgX1eFRY-AEVmNcF:10ktmerri?br=R&exCode=32

I'd print the entire page, with RCCL banner at the top.

It sounded to me like they were trying to prevent people requesting cans with those little cards, since they specifically mentioned them.

Maybe the person who made them just forgot to mention juices.

On our last cruise, I was sitting at the bar when a woman came up and asked for a can of soda and showed her soda sticker. The bartender explained that only fountain soda was included. The woman actually chose to pay for the can because she preferred it.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the issue.

It sounded to me like they were trying to prevent people requesting cans with those little cards, since they specifically mentioned them.

Maybe the person who made them just forgot to mention juices.

On our last cruise, I was sitting at the bar when a woman came up and asked for a can of soda and showed her soda sticker. The bartender explained that only fountain soda was included. The woman actually chose to pay for the can because she preferred it.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the issue.

Nope...I SPECIFICALLY asked for Sprite...and was firmly told...NO...only coke or diet coke!!!!!

I put the best construction on it too...but...this is what was our actual experience on board Rhapsody. We love the ship...but...I have to say that IMO the repo to Asia...might impact the normalcy of RCI on this ship.

Andrew, what email address did you use to contact Royal Caribbean in regard to this question? Thanks.

I emailed infouk@rccl.com on July 24 and received the reply on July 27. I had previously tried the "contact us" page on the RCCL web site on July 18 but have still received no reply, apart from an automated acknowledgement, which is very disappointing. I also emailed info@rccl.com on July 24 and have not received a reply (but this may go to the same destination as infouk@rccl.com).

As usual with large companies you have to be persistent!

Before someone asks, I always check spam folders.

HTH.

I would make a copy of the letter you received back from Royal Caribbean stating what is included in your Beverage card and bring it along as proof in case a bartender tells you otherwise. I think the juices should be included as some people and children donot drink sodas.

I would certainly do this if it was me but my 11-year-old may be too shy to do this when she's on her own. On the other hand it may be a good lesson for her to learn for the future: sometimes service providers have to be reminded of what they have promised to deliver!

Archived