Scuba in Bermuda

kruiser68

Has anyone done the Scuba Two-Tank Dive Excursion from St. George's Port of Call? I'm looking for excursion information for Norwegian's Crown Cruise Ship (which dive shop do they use?), but would take any cruise ship scuba excursion. My husband and I are going for our last check-out dive this Thursday and will be leaving on the Crown September 9th. We would like to use the excursion from the ship for our first dive since we don't know what to expect. When I called NCL's excursion office, the person said that it didn't show that there were any extra charges for equipment, but also didn't say what equipment was included. We want to know if we should bring BCD's, regulators and wetsuits. We want to leave them home if they are included in the excursion price. We are limited to one bag each for the shuttle we are taking to the pier. Thanks

The tour description says "equipment not included". Frankly, we always take our own equipment. However, the dive ops will rent them to you for an additional charge, usually $10-15 per item. Tanks and weights are always included. You will need to at least take your wetsuits/diveskins. Many places do not rent them.

The tour description says "equipment not included".

where do you see "equipment not included", I didn't see it online or in the book, and neither could the NCL excursion person. If I saw it writing then I would be more inclined to bring our own. Thanks:)

Thanks for the thread, I had looked through it in the past but will go through it again. I had looked online to search for excursions and had found the two-tank dive in St. George. Unfortunately, once I looked up the excursion .pdf for the Crown I couldn't find it and found out that it is only offered through the Norwegian Majesty. Although it didn't say anything about equipment not included on the order form. So now we are back to just going through a Dive shop, where we know that only tanks and weights are included.

Has anyone Scuba dived in Bermuda. I found four local dive shops. Anyone have any experience with any of them and would recommend one? I know that most say non-refundable cancellations within 24 hours, what if you can't dock, it will be Hurricane season. We leave 9/9/07. We just did our final check-out dive tonight...YEAH.

Congrats on getting certified!

You are finishing your openwater dives at home then want to dive in Bermuda?

I would take at minimum your wetsuits, mask/fins/snorkel, and reg if you are going to be doing much diving because it sometimes takes a few mins to get familier with the rental gear and then you lose part of your dive at each dive operator.

Thanks, yes Bermuda will be our first dive away from home. We plan on diving a couple of times at a Lake that my mother-in-law has a camp on in August. But I can't wait until September to dive in the much warmer waters of Bermuda. I REALLY can't wait until we go diving in the Cayman Islands where it will be even warmer) during our November cruise. Our entire family (three generations) will be on that cruise, so luckily my parents said they would watch the kids while we took in a dive.

Archived