What Happened to Skeet Shooting?

Matt2000

I live in TX, where "ATF" is a convenience store....

I just got back from a 5 star resort in Cancun that advertised "riflle shooting" as a morning activity............it was an air rifle (yep BB gun).

Guess most people don't understand that guns aren't dangerous. It's the people with the guns.

An international treaty banning dumping in the oceans entered into force about a decade ago. It killed both skeet shooting and driving golf balls off cruise ships. You need to take matters into your own hands.

I frequently bring my 12 gauge Browning over/under along on cruises. I pack it into the suitcase, along with 500 or so rounds of low base ammo. I also have a portable clay pigeon thrower, that I clamp to the rail of our balcony cabin. I'd hate to violate any treaties so I just order a few dozen bagels from room service and blast away. It really gets the blood pumping in the morning.

I saw on the travel channel a while back that some cruise ships (smaller luxury liners) still offer skeet shooting and driving golf balls off the ship. The clay pigeons have been replaced with a biodegradable material. The same for golf balls. The material used breaks down into fish food.

Archived