Back from Bermuda :)

starr52

Ok.. I LOVE Bermuda!! It is so so beautiful!!! We had a most wonderful time. The staff on the Majesty is truely the best. Our room stewards were so funny , we wanted to bring them home. All the staff was great from the cruise director on down. The reception desk was so helpful. My husband who is so level headed and never loses anything locked our card in the cabin so we could not get back in. That was the first trip to the reception area. The next day we got back to the ship from the dockyards and he reached in his wallet to get his ship card and realized he has lost his credit card. Back to the reception desk to see if they could unlock the safe because that is where my wallet was. Lo and behold some kids had found it and given to their parents and they turned it in. Next day, we used our dine ashore credit at the Carriage House and afterwards were just walking around and we he took me into Aubrey's Jewelers.. I wondered why. He suprised me with a new wedding ring set. It is beautiful.. well off we went to St. Peter's church and then to the ice cream shop. In walks the cashier from Aubrey's. Very nice young woman who asked if we were enjoying our ice cream. Then she told hubby that he had left his credit card on the counter there. She said she had walked all over looking for us and then took it back to a security agent near the ship and he turned it in. AGAIN a trip to the reception desk.

The food was good.. the shows were good, it was ALL good. The Majesty is a lovely smaller, older ship.

We followed most of Writeratsea's suggestions ( a big thank you)and had a wonderful time. The aquarium was great as was the zoo.

Beaches beautiful, bus and ferry passes a must and the snorkeling at Tobacco Bay was excellent. It is my new favorite thing! We had never been snorkeling and we spent hours there.

We already want to return to Bermuda and loved Boston as well.

Ok.. I LOVE Bermuda!! It is so so beautiful!!! We had a most wonderful time. The staff on the Majesty is truely the best. Our room stewards were so funny , we wanted to bring them home. All the staff was great from the cruise director on down. The reception desk was so helpful. My husband who is so level headed and never loses anything locked our card in the cabin so we could not get back in. That was the first trip to the reception area. The next day we got back to the ship from the dockyards and he reached in his wallet to get his ship card and realized he has lost his credit card. Back to the reception desk to see if they could unlock the safe because that is where my wallet was. Lo and behold some kids had found it and given to their parents and they turned it in. Next day, we used our dine ashore credit at the Carriage House and afterwards were just walking around and we he took me into Aubrey's Jewelers.. I wondered why. He suprised me with a new wedding ring set. It is beautiful.. well off we went to St. Peter's church and then to the ice cream shop. In walks the cashier from Aubrey's. Very nice young woman who asked if we were enjoying our ice cream. Then she told hubby that he had left his credit card on the counter there. She said she had walked all over looking for us and then took it back to a security agent near the ship and he turned it in. AGAIN a trip to the reception desk.

The food was good.. the shows were good, it was ALL good. The Majesty is a lovely smaller, older ship.

We followed most of Writeratsea's suggestions ( a big thank you)and had a wonderful time. The aquarium was great as was the zoo.

Beaches beautiful, bus and ferry passes a must and the snorkeling at Tobacco Bay was excellent. It is my new favorite thing! We had never been snorkeling and we spent hours there.

We already want to return to Bermuda and loved Boston as well.

I am glad you had such a lovely time. I am happy that my suggestions were useful to you. I kind of felt that you would enjoy the aquarium and the zoo, very clean and nice. Did you get a chance to go to John Smith's Bay? Wasn't so easy to get around on the ferries and the buses via the transportation pass? Tobacco bay is pretty and the snorkling is excellent there as well. I did give you fair warning that you would fall in love with Bermuda, it really is a special place. Though I am biased living in the Boston area, Boston is a very nice city to see. Glad you had such a great time.:)

Writeratsea.. we will have to do John Smith's Bay the next time. We really ran out of time before we got to go everywhere we wanted to. Guess we spent too much time snorkeling. :)

I was dissapointed that we did not make it there but it gives me a reason ( if I need one) to go back.

The aquarium and zoo were very clean and interesting. Allot to see there too. The seals were getting fed when we were there and that was great fun to watch... the little show offs!

Transportation passes are the way to go. Very easy and the ferries were great fun!

Writer at Sea told us about John Smith's Bay too and we went there last week. Oh it was heaven!! Hardly anyone there and as I was told, it is used more by the locals than the tourists. That's exactly what we saw. I chatted with a man from the UK that had been living in Bermuda for the last 4 years and worked at the hospital. He says he comes to the Bay each day for a dip after work. I loved Bermuda too! Definitely on my "must go back to" list.

Writer at Sea told us about John Smith's Bay too and we went there last week. Oh it was heaven!! Hardly anyone there and as I was told, it is used more by the locals than the tourists. That's exactly what we saw. I chatted with a man from the UK that had been living in Bermuda for the last 4 years and worked at the hospital. He says he comes to the Bay each day for a dip after work. I loved Bermuda too! Definitely on my "must go back to" list.

Another satisfied customer. LOL Yes John Smith really is that heavenly. I said there was no crowds, it is almost like your own private beach. It is a little more work to get to, but it is worth it. I am so happy to share a special place in Bermuda with my online friends.:)

Writeratsea.. we will have to do John Smith's Bay the next time. We really ran out of time before we got to go everywhere we wanted to. Guess we spent too much time snorkeling. :)

I was dissapointed that we did not make it there but it gives me a reason ( if I need one) to go back.

The aquarium and zoo were very clean and interesting. Allot to see there too. The seals were getting fed when we were there and that was great fun to watch... the little show offs!

Transportation passes are the way to go. Very easy and the ferries were great fun!

Yes you have to go to John Smith's Bay the next time you go. And don't forget to explore the caves on the left of the beach. I also have another out of the way and interesting beach, Clearwater Beach. When you are ready to go back to Bermuda, I will tell you about that one as well. I missed the seals being fed, as I think it is only twice a day. You just have to be lucky to be there at the right time. That is a very neat bonus. The transportation passes are a great value and so useful. It is a very effective way to travel around Bermuda. The ferries are great fun. I think the ferry ride from the dockyard back to St. George was one of the highlights of our trip and already paid for no less. It didn't make sense to me to pay $50 or $60 for a tour boat ride around Hamilton harbor when I could just take the ferries for pretty much the same view. I am glad that you discovered how much you love snorkling. Now when you visit Hawaii or the Carribean, you had one definite activity to enjoy. :)

Archived