Veendam, Nov 08

Randy H

My wife have just booked the Veedam for its Nov 08 sailing to the Southern Caribbean.

New ports, interesting places. The date works well for our jobs (at least currently)

What should we look for?

Hi Randy H,

I assume you are going on the 14 day cruise out of Tampa. We were on the Veendam in Feb 2007 and it is still my favorite ship - small and very elegant. Food & service were great. This cruise was only a 7 day to W. Caribbean. However, we were on the Sun Princess in Dec 2006 for 10 days that called at some of the ports you will visit on the Veendam. My experiences for these were:

St. Thomas - went to St. Johns & snorkeled @ Trunk Bay. Very pretty beach and island. Shops on St. Thomas were mostly closed after 1:00 PM because it was Sunday;

Dominica - it rained, so we did no excursions;

Barbados - took bus tour. Terel Cot House was interesting;

Margarita Island - visited beach & shops near the dock. Small, crowded and lacking charm. Try something else;

Grand Cayman - been there several times. Walked around town. If it is your first visit (and the weather cooperates), you might enjoy the stingrays. Otherwise, the town is OK to walk.

Please do not think I am negative about these ports - I have enjoyed each one, but the main reason we cruise the Caribbean is to be on the ship, not to visit exotic ports. Having said that, I hope you enjoy the Veendam as much as we did.

My wife have just booked the Veedam for its Nov 08 sailing to the Southern Caribbean.

New ports, interesting places. The date works well for our jobs (at least currently)

What should we look for?

Randy,

Did you mean Nov 4th?:confused:

Archived