Majesty CC Category Cabins

Lotteryfan

I am thinking of possibly booking a cruise on the Norwegian Majesty. I am interested in the highest ocean view category which is CC. I notice that the deck plans for the CC cabins on the ninth floor, Norway Deck, look like they have lifeboats in front of the windows although the CC rooms are not listed as "obstructed". Meanwhile the CC cabins on the seventh floor, the Promenade Deck, have a jogging deck around them.

The NCL web site claims the EE cabins next to the CC cabins on the ninth deck are the ones that are obstructed. Is this true? Do the CC cabins on the ninth deck have a full view?

Also, has anyone stayed in a CC cabin on the seventh deck? Were you waken up by people jogging or running outside your window? Can people hang out in deck chairs outside your window? Can someone look into your window if they hang out on the jogging track.

I'm looking for a cheap cruise and right now the Majesty to the Western Caribbean seems to be the way to go but all these questions are haunting me.

Thanks for your help.

We have been on the Majesty twice, both times in CCs on Deck 7 which we loved. We never had any noise from the people walking the Promenade deck at all. You can see everything that's happening, but no one can see in unless they put their nose up to the glass. People do use deck chairs on the Promenade deck. That was one of our favorite places to hang out.

The only thing you have to be careful of is closing the drapes at night. When it's dark and the light is on in the cabin, people CAN see in. :eek:

I don't know about the deck 9 CCs. Some appear to be obstructed to me.

I just booked a Promenade Deck cabin for the Majesty on Aug. 19 to Bermuda. I can let you know how it is. From past cruise experiences, I know there was always a "no jogging" time imposed...out of courtesy, you couldn't use the jogging area until a certain time in the morning. However, I was not in one of those cabins at the time, so can't vouch that people actually respected it.

It's funny, I didn't realize until after I booked it that it overlooked the jogging track. I was just happy to get onto an almost sold out ship at a decent price! I tried to switch cabins yesterday (the rest of our group is a few decks below) but they are booked.

I can keep you posted after the trip!

We were in a CC on deck 9 last summer, and the view was not obstructed. However, we chose our cabin very carefully. There are some CC cabins on deck 9 where your view is somewhat diminished. You need to look at the schematics and pick a cabin based on where you see the lifeboats falling. If you have a travel agent, they also might be able to help you...

I just booked a Promenade Deck cabin for the Majesty on Aug. 19 to Bermuda. I can let you know how it is. From past cruise experiences, I know there was always a "no jogging" time imposed...out of courtesy, you couldn't use the jogging area until a certain time in the morning. However, I was not in one of those cabins at the time, so can't vouch that people actually respected it.

It's funny, I didn't realize until after I booked it that it overlooked the jogging track. I was just happy to get onto an almost sold out ship at a decent price! I tried to switch cabins yesterday (the rest of our group is a few decks below) but they are booked.

I can keep you posted after the trip!

Yes, please keep me and us posted although I might end up booking this in a few days.

We were in a CC on deck 9 last summer, and the view was not obstructed. However, we chose our cabin very carefully. There are some CC cabins on deck 9 where your view is somewhat diminished. You need to look at the schematics and pick a cabin based on where you see the lifeboats falling. If you have a travel agent, they also might be able to help you...

Do you remember what cabin number it was?

Here is 959 which is an E, and considered 60% obstructed. It was fine with us. I believe some of the CC are indeed obstructed also.

Thanks for your help

You might also consider a C stateroom on deck 6. The stateroom is identical to a CC, there is no concern about people looking in your window (like on promenade deck), and there is no obstruction whatsoever. Slightly less money, too.

We were incabin 707 last October and really liked the location. Only problem is we ran into the tail end of a noreaster on the way back and being that far forward we felt a lot of motion. The room almost had the feel of a balcony room since it was a big window you you stand in front of and look out. You could see the rail around the deck made it look like a balcony room. We had no problem at all with noise from people jogging or walking by our room.

The reason we have stayed away from rooms on deck 6 is a lot of these rooms can't have the beds moved together.

We've been on Norwegian Majesty four times... our cabin #s have been 620, 827 (I think), 725, and 902.

Cabin 725 overlooked the outdoor promenade, but was perfectly fine. We not at all bothered by people looking in, people walking by, outside noise, or much else. Even when people were directly outside our windows (rare), we couldn't hear them. It was very convenient for me, as I love to sit on the promenade, so it was a very quick trip there.

A bonus for us was that our cabin had two windows! This was great as it let in a lot of light. I looked around on disembarkation day, and found a few others on this deck with two windows: 714, 719 720, 725 (ours), 743, and 749.

The only issue is that there may be minor obstructed views due to liferaft containers...but I didn't find that too bothersome.

I booked the Majesty for 8/12 as an Hgty and was assigned cabin 748 which is an E (I think). I was also concerned to realize that i had the jogging track outside my window. Folks seem to all say that it is not an issue. One other concern that i have is the mention above that there are rooms on this ship where the beds cannot be combined. I called NCL immediately upon realizing my assignment and asked about hte beds being combined and the woman i spoke to said all the cabins have beds that can be combined. I knew she couldn't be right but she just kept reassuring me and said she put a note on my reservation to have the beds put together. Does anyone know if i should expect a problem with this in 748 and if so what are my options?

You might also consider a C stateroom on deck 6. The stateroom is identical to a CC, there is no concern about people looking in your window (like on promenade deck), and there is no obstruction whatsoever. Slightly less money, too.

I too was going to suggest booking a C as the poster above states, it's the same size and yu don't have to worry aout an obstructed view or people walking/jogging by or peeking in:eek:

Jodie:)

I booked the Majesty for 8/12 as an Hgty and was assigned cabin 748 which is an E (I think). I was also concerned to realize that i had the jogging track outside my window. Folks seem to all say that it is not an issue. One other concern that i have is the mention above that there are rooms on this ship where the beds cannot be combined. I called NCL immediately upon realizing my assignment and asked about hte beds being combined and the woman i spoke to said all the cabins have beds that can be combined. I knew she couldn't be right but she just kept reassuring me and said she put a note on my reservation to have the beds put together. Does anyone know if i should expect a problem with this in 748 and if so what are my options?

Yes, you can push the beds together as that cabin has 2 convertible beds

We've been on Norwegian Majesty four times... our cabin #s have been 620, 827 (I think), 725, and 902.

Cabin 725 overlooked the outdoor promenade, but was perfectly fine. We not at all bothered by people looking in, people walking by, outside noise, or much else. Even when people were directly outside our windows (rare), we couldn't hear them. It was very convenient for me, as I love to sit on the promenade, so it was a very quick trip there.

A bonus for us was that our cabin had two windows! This was great as it let in a lot of light. I looked around on disembarkation day, and found a few others on this deck with two windows: 714, 719 720, 725 (ours), 743, and 749.

The only issue is that there may be minor obstructed views due to liferaft containers...but I didn't find that too bothersome.

Hi,

Any info on Cabin 902 would be great we are booked in August.

I too was going to suggest booking a C as the poster above states, it's the same size and yu don't have to worry aout an obstructed view or people walking/jogging by or peeking in:eek:

Jodie:)

After looking at these cabins I see they are directly below the jogging and running track so I'm not sure what is worst...waking up by having someone run or jog above your head or waking up by having someone run or jog outside your windo.

Currently, prices are the same for all the superior oceanview categories so I wouldn't be saving any money by going with a C as opposed to a CC.

I would still like to hear from others that have stayed in a CC room to find out which were obstructed and which aren't.

After looking at these cabins I see they are directly below the jogging and running track so I'm not sure what is worst...waking up by having someone run or jog above your head or waking up by having someone run or jog outside your windo.

Never heard a footstep in our deck 6 C stateroom.

• 1 month later...

We were in 701. It's the most forward cabin, tho not at the bow. there is a door at the end of the corridor which leads to the crew quarters. I believe it was for the officers. Along the front windows I saw plants in the windows.

902 is probably 2 decks up & port rather than starboard.

The only thing we didn't like is; we could smell cigarette smoke coming out of the crew area.

Jogging track. Well it isn't. A typical promanade deck and folks are walking or jogging. I don't recall many joggers, but lot's of walkers all day long. It's a pretty wide deck. Not an issue at all.

I loved the deck. no noise & it was great being on the Promanade deck. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

• 3 months later...

Archived